A delicious soft and doughy pumpkin cake bar which takes less than 5 minutes to whip up and only requires three ingredients! Not only is it very low in fat and high in fiber, it’s naturally gluten-free, vegan, paleo and very low in sugar too- Perfect for an anytime snack to treat to have on hand!
One week into living in Columbus and I had to do 2 things in my kitchen-
1. Stock the pantry with coconut flour
2. Make a No Bake recipe
I was fortunate that on my first official full day in Columbus, Alexis kindly invited me to a fun event at the new Whole Foods store which officially opened on Wednesday in . Prior to attending the event, we went to Trader Joe’s so I could stock up on one of my most used ingredients- Coconut flour. Seriously, my obsession with coconut flour is ridiculous, as evidenced by my slew of recipes which use it up.
Anyway, I didn’t intent on breaking into it the very next day but when I saw a display of pumpkin at the supermarket, I wanted to try an idea I had been toying around with for a while now- A simple cake bar, without needing any nut butter or sticky sweetener to bind together.
I messaged Alexis who was hanging out and posing at a coffee shop between both of our places telling her if the photoshoot went well, I’d swing by with some. Unlike New York, the sun shone through my room at a different time of the day and with a much brighter ray. I did an elegant ballroom dance across the window to find the perfect spot of light and after a little bit of tempering the camera and my work station, I managed to get the shots. I high tailed over to Alexis with this pumpkin fudge in tow and forced her to try it and give me her honest opinion.
She said it tasted like punishment so I pulled her weave off her head.
Just kidding, she said it was delicious but could have done with cinnamon mixed in. Duly noted and added to my recommendations.
Her weave stayed put and I made the executive decision to not save these in my archives for a later date and post them today- Healthy 3 Ingredient No Bake Pumpkin Cake Bars.
This 3 ingredient No Bake Pumpkin Cake Bar will literally be your Fall/Autumn snack/treat staple because it’s so darn simple to whip up and for a cake bar, it’s ridiculously healthy for you. Because I didn’t add any fats (nut butter, coconut oil etc) or any sticky sweeteners (maple syrup, brown rice syrup, agave etc) as I usually do in my no bake recipes, these beauties are SO high in fiber and pretty low in sugar too. You also only need five minutes to whip them up, thanks to just three ingredients. Naturally gluten free, vegan and dairy free, I made them paleo friendly by opting to use coconut sugar to add some sweetness.
Texture hack- Over the last 2 days, I ate them at room temperature, out of the fridge and out of the freezer. Depending on how you like your fudge, there’s a way to suit your tastebuds.
Soft and melt in your mouth texture- Room temperature.
Soft and fudgy- Fridge.
Dense and mellow- Freezer (thawed for 5-10 minutes).
Regardless of which way you prefer, make this delicious (and healthy!) three ingredient no bake pumpkin cake bar and rip off Alexis’ weave in excitement.
Go on, I allow you to.
PLEASE NOTE- For a more authentic, true fudge- Check out this recipe here!
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)*
- 1 cup + coconut flour, sifted**
- 1/4-1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (can use any granulated sweetener of choice- Adjust to sweetness desired)
- Cinnamon (optional- adjust to taste)
- In a large mixing bowl, add your coconut flour and coconut palm sugar (or sweetener of choice) and mix well. Add cinnamon if desired.
- Add the full can of pumpkin and mix until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture into the lined dish, sprinkle with extra cinnamon and sugar (if desired) and refrigerate for at 30 minutes to firm up. Cut into bite sized pieces and enjoy.
- PLEASE NOTE- I've had feedback regarding different brands of coconut flour and some having their cake bars too crumbly- If this is the case, please add more pumpkin until a 'dough' is formed- It should be soft like the pictures show. If you don't have more pumpkin, add dairy free milk.
- ** Note 2- If mixture is too moist, add more coconut flour.
3 Ingredient Paleo Fudge (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free)
Double Chocolate Protein Fudge (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free)
No Bake Black Bean Fudge Brownies (Vegan, Gluten Free)
What is one ingredient you ALWAYS have on hand?
PS- Still need your advice for a recipe using one of these ingredients– My ears are open!
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld