Pumpkin chocolate chip blondies are soft, chewy, ooey and gooey bars made with pumpkin and loaded with chocolate chips! These naturally paleo and keto pumpkin blondies are secretly healthy, and can easily be made vegan!
Adding pumpkin to desserts is one of my favorite things to do during Fall. Some of my favorites include pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin energy bites and these gooey pumpkin chocolate chip blondies.
When I think of a secretly healthy dessert that doesn’t taste healthy, I immediately think of these gooey pumpkin blondies. They have the texture of a fudgy brownie, minus the cocoa powder. Made with wholesome ingredients like almond flour, coconut flour, and cashew butter, they take minutes to prepare.
These pumpkin blondies are perfect for holiday parties, office potlucks or even a healthy dessert to have on hand at home!
How to make pumpkin chocolate chip blondies
Step 1- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Step 2- In a large mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients and mix well. Set this aside, as you will add this to the wet mixture later.
Step 3- In a separate mixing bowl, combine your wet ingredients, along with your granulated sweetener of choice, and mix very well, until a smooth batter remains.
Step 4- Add in your dry ingredients and mix very well, until fully incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, fold through your chocolate chips.
Step 5- Transfer the batter to the lined pan and spread out in an even layer. Top with pumpkin pie spice and extra chocolate chips and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a skewer comes out ‘just’ clean from the center.
Step 6- Remove pumpkin blondies from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan. Once cool, slice into bars.
Eggs- I’ve only tried using a packaged egg replacement, like Enery-G. I cannot vouch for self-made egg replacements, like a flax egg or a chia egg.
Storing Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies
Room temperature- If you plan to eat these blondies within 2 days, they can be stored at room temperature. Ensure the blondies are in a sealed container or covered completely.
Refrigerator- Pumpkin chocolate chip blondies are best stored in the fridge, as they will keep longer and also maintain a thick and chewy texture. Refrigerated pumpkin blondies will keep for up to 1 week.
Freezer- Pumpkin chocolate chip blondies are freezer friendly and can be stored in the freezer. Wrap the blondies in parchment paper and place them in a ziplock bag or shallow container. Frozen blondies will keep fresh for up to 6 months.
To enjoy blondies from the freezer, allow thawing completely at room temperature.
Tips and Tricks for PERFECT Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Ensure your batter is smooth and well-mixed, otherwise, you will find that some parts will be gritty. A good way to avoid that is to use a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Do not over-bake the blondies, as they will continue to cook as they are cooling.
- I’ve only tried this recipe using the ingredients listed, along with the substitutions. I cannot vouch for any other changes that I haven’t personally tried myself.
- For a more pronounced pumpkin flavor, sprinkle extra pumpkin pie spice on top of the blondies. For a less pronounced pumpkin flavor, omit it completely.
- Reserve extra chocolate chips on top of the blondies, to ensure each piece is loaded with chocolate.
- Before enjoying blondies, heat them in the microwave for 25-30 seconds, for the chocolate to melt.
More dessert recipes you’ll enjoy
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cashew butter see post for substitution ideas
- 2/3 cup Pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup granulated sweetener of choice see post for substitution ideas
- 1 large egg see post for vegan option
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup keto chocolate chips see post for substitution ideas
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt and mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine all your other ingredients, except for your chocolate chips, and mix very well, until fully incorporated and glossy.
- Add your dry ingredients and mix very well, until completely combined. Fold through your chocolate using a rubber spatula.
- Transfer your pumpkin blondie batter into the lined pan and spread out in an even layer. Top with extra chocolate chips and a dash of pumpkin pie spice. Bake your blondies for 30-35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean from the center.
- Remove the pumpkin blondies from the oven and allow to cool in the pan completely, before slicing into bars.