These healthy pumpkin cookies are soft, chewy, and need just 3 ingredients! No flour needed, they are wholesome and made in one bowl!
When pumpkin season rolls around, we are all about the healthier treats.
Fall is infamous for rich and hearty desserts but actually, some of our favorites are actually healthy! These include pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, and, of course, pumpkin cookies.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- 3 Ingredients. Just oats, pumpkin puree and maple syrup is needed.
- No eggs, no butter, no milk. Unlike traditional cookies, these have none of the usual suspects!
- Naturally vegan. As there is no dairy or eggs in this, those who follow a vegan diet can enjoy them.
- Fast. From prep the plate, these cookies take less than 10 minutes to bake.
What I love about this cookie recipe is just how perfect they are for an all-around and versatile cookie. You can enjoy them for breakfast or for a healthy snack between meals!
You will love the simple ingredient list to make this recipe. If you don’t already have everything in your pantry, then surely your local grocery store will. Here is what you’ll need:
- Rolled Oats. I prefer rolled oats, as they give the cookies a chewy and sturdy texture. If you prefer softer cookies, use quick cooking oats. To keep these cookies gluten free, be sure whichever you use is certified gluten free.
- Pumpkin Puree. Unsweetened pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling. I used canned pumpkin, but feel free to make your own if you’d like!
- Maple Syrup. Gives the cookies some natural sweetness, without being overpowering. You can also use agave nectar, or keep these cookies sugar free, and use sugar free syrup.
- Chocolate Chips. Optional, but highly recommended!
With less than two minutes hands-on time, this recipe is very simple and the oven takes care of all the hard work.
Step 1- Make the cookie dough
Start by mixing your oats, pumpkin, and maple syrup, until combined. If using chocolate chips, fold them through at the end.
Step 2- Bake the cookies
Scoop out balls of cookie dough and place on a lined tray or baking sheet. Press each ball into a cookie shape and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on the sheet.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Do not over-bake the cookies. They will not spread and will not typically brown on top. Remove them around the 10 minute mark, but no longer than 12 minutes.
- Add extra spices and mix-ins into the dough. Pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon are great, as are raisins, nuts, and seeds.
- To make pumpkin protein cookies, add 1-2 scoops of protein powder into the dough.
- If you prefer super sweet cookies, swap out half the pumpkin with mashed banana. You will get the extra dose of natural sweetness.
- To store: Cookies are best stored in the refrigerator, as they are quite soft and won’t keep well at room temperature. They will keep well refrigerated for up 1 week.
- To freeze: Place leftover cookies in a ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- No Flour Cookies
Healthy Pumpkin Cookies With 3 Ingredients | Bakes In 10 Minutes
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats gluten free, if needed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup can use agave nectar
- 1 cup chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, pumpkin, and syrup, and mix well. If adding chocolate chips, fold them through.
- Using your hands, form into small balls and place on the baking tray and press each ball into a cookie shape. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool on the sheet.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
I think it’s thick and chewy for me but it really depends on my mood 🙂 you are totally reading my mind with these recipes – I was just dreaming up pumpkin chocolate chip ideas last night.
What an epic dream haha- I dream of silly things like getting yelled at lol!
Just found this recipe in Feb of 2023. Fabulous is all I can say. I did it with 1/2 banana, some pumpkin pie spice and chopped walnuts and handful of raisins. Spectacular snack!! Enjoying now with some tea☺️
Love this recipe, Arman! Can’t wait to try them. I bet my kids would even love them. Pinned and making soon (maybe even today)! 🙂
Thanks so much, Blair! 🙂
Away in Chicago, making these when up I get back on Wednesday. They are a perfect seasonal treat. Also I have used plantains blended as the base for cookies with pumpkin and they taste awesome.
OH Please do! 🙂 Plantains? what a great idea!
Thick and chewy are definitely my cookie preferences, but I don’t discriminate. 🙂 I bought somee pumpkin so I could make your pumpkin fudge and then I saw these! It’s going to be a pumpkin fiesta in my kitchen this week! <3
Oh yes!!!! 😀 Thanks so much, Jessica!
So for the pumpkin (not puree) do I have to actually buy a pumpkin or can I go to the store and get canned pumpkin that is gluten free?
Hey Adam! You don’t need to at all- as long as you have canned pumpkin, it will work 🙂
Homemade bottled water? OMG Yum. What’s in it? Is it gluten-free? Will it help me lose 3 pounds? 😉
Jokes aside, these cookies do look awesome. I’ve done the whole pumpkin/boxed cake mix deal, but these are obviously a lot healthier.
Hahahahahaha. The bottled water recipe is a keeper! 😉
Mmm… Pumpkin anything, just yes. I shall watch for your bottled water recipe 🙂 I’m sure it will go viral!
It is so good, you’ll be jealous of it 😉 It’s life changing. There’s a secret ingredient- Life changing water.
Boom. Snap. Crackle. Delicious!!!!
Thanks so much, Allie!
I am headed into the kitchen to make these right now!!
YES! thanks so much, Leigh! 🙂
My eyes are NOMMING hard core right now
Right? thanks so much, Gigi!
I love that so many of your cookies are also breakfast options 🙂 I also love the OC reference. I may or may not have all four seasons on DVD.
OMG. Seriously, the best. Me and my sister would skip 3/4 of season 4 because….Once Marissa died so did the series.
3 ingredients and one of them is pumpkin! Holla!
I have that silly song in my head now. Ain’t no hollerback girrrrrrl.
Okay LOVE these simple treats! Except how do you stop from eating the WHOLE batch!?!? Glad to see you posting on fitfluential, I’ll be able to follow more of your posts now which have been leaving a serious gap in my blog world for the last couple months! #bloggerproblems
right? Alexis and I ate a whole batch between us both! Haha no worries- Welcome back!
I totally thought you were going to use a cake mix as one of the ingredients. You didn’t, yes! Love these and can’t wait to try out this recipe!
Thanks so much 🙂
I just bought like 5 cans of pumpkin this weekend and can’t wait to start using it! Bring on the orange skin.
um, yum! and super easy too!