These pumpkin brownies are a simple and healthy dessert made with just 3 ingredients! No flour, no eggs, and no butter needed, they come together in under 15 minutes.
Healthy pumpkin desserts are a common theme around here. When the weather slowly cools, you can bet that we’ll be whipping out the pumpkin bread and pumpkin muffins. For a chocolate fix, though, we love to make pumpkin brownies.
Why this recipe works
- 3 ingredients. Just pumpkin pie mix, almond butter and cocoa powder.
- Healthy. There is no flour, no eggs, and no added sugar needed. These brownies could actually be something you enjoy for breakfast.
- Ready in 15 minutes. From prep to oven, this recipe comes together in no time.
- Easy to customize. Easily switch out the key ingredients to suit your dietary preferences or add some mix-ins throughout.
What we love about this recipe is just how simple it is. Sure, they aren’t as decadent as flourless brownies or almond flour brownies, but for a wholesome and healthy chocolate fix, this ticks the boxes.
As mentioned earlier, this recipe calls for just 3 ingredients and they are very simple ones. You’ll probably have everything in your pantry as we speak. Here is what you’ll need:
- Pumpkin pie mix. Also known as pumpkin pie filling, it’s like pumpkin puree but has added sugar and spices in it. If you only have the unsweetened kind, you must add some sugar or sugar alternative to it.
- Almond butter. Smooth and unsweetened almond butter. You can also use peanut butter or a nut free alternative (like tahini or sunflower seed butter).
- Cocoa powder. 100% unsweetened and sifted. Choose a good quality cocoa powder as it makes all the difference.
- Frosting. Optional, but I love to add a simple chocolate frosting on top.
How to make pumpkin brownies
Step 1- Make the brownie batter
Start by whisking together the pumpkin pie mix, almond butter, and cocoa powder until a smooth dough remains. Alternatively, you can blend everything together.
Step 2- Bake it
Next, transfer the brownie batter into a lined pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are firm.
Step 3- Add frosting
Now, let the brownies cool completely, before adding the frosting on top. Slice them and enjoy.
Tips to make the best recipe
- These brownies are not overly sweet, even with the use of the sweetened pumpkin pie filling. If you’d prefer ultra sweet brownies, add a few tablespoons of sugar or maple syrup.
- For thicker brownies, add a tablespoon or two of coconut flour or oat flour.
- Add some chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or even some chocolate chunks for some added texture throughout.
To store: Leftovers must be stored in the refrigerator, covered, and they will keep well for up to one week.
To freeze: Place brownies in an airtight container and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you swap out the pumpkin pie filling for pumpkin puree, these brownies are suitable for a low carb diet.
Add some coconut flour or oat flour to the batter to give it more stability.
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Pumpkin Brownies recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
Pumpkin Brownies With 3 Ingredients | No Flour Needed
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line a 6 x 6-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all your ingredients into a high speed blender, food processor or large bowl and mix until fully immersed and a thick batter is formed.
- Transfer brownie batter to loaf pan and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a skewer comes out just clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan completely before adding frosting.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.