The easiest and most delicious chunky banana bread you’ll ever have which needs just four ingredients! Moist and gooey on the inside and tender on the outside, this chunky banana bread is naturally gluten free, vegan, paleo and grain free!
“I had the BEST banana bread the other day.”
“Seriously, I’ve never tasted a better banana bread. It was so flavorful and fluffy. I could have eaten the whole pan. Seriously, you could taste all of the banana in it”
“…Wait, White Wings isn’t a cafe?”
“No, *INSERT EXPLICIT WORD HERE*. It’s the brand from Coles”
“Niki, that doesn’t even have any real banana in it. It has banana essence or extract or whatever.”
“Ewwww. I don’t like that banana bread anymore.”
I think from this post forward, I will be sharing the conversations my sister and I have shared in the past.
I pride this blog on being 100% authentic, real and a true glimpse into what life was and is like in Australia….under our family roof. Whenever I’m homesick or
missing mum’s cooking and Niki chauffeuring me around miss the company of mum and Niki, I think back to the random moments we’ve shared which ALWAYS leaves me rolling my eyes.
This banana bread story is just one of a million.
“Niki, you can’t suddenly not like the banana bread when you just proclaimed it was the best you’ve ever eaten.”
“That’s not banana bread.”
“IT’S NOT BANANA BREAD. It has no bananas.”
“You make no sense whatsoever.”
“Hey Arman, I tried the most delicious sugar bread ever which had fake banana in it. It’s sugar bread.”
Even though Niki didn’t like the banana bread, she certainly liked the ‘sugar bread.’ She polished it off over three days, probably trying to convince herself it wasn’t banana bread.
Today’s recipe for chunky banana bread does NOT use banana essence or extract to maintain it’s banana flavor, and let’s face it- With the amount of bananas in this, it’s pretty much going overboard but I’d like to refer to my (old) favorite saying-
C’est la bloody vie.
This healthy four ingredient chunky banana bread is hand down, the most gooey, moist and delicious banana bread you’ll ever eat, and the pictures are a prime example of that. While tender on the outside, it’s packed full of chunky banana pieces and cooled and enjoyed from the fridge- It’s bliss. Unlike most banana bread, recipes out there, these have no butter, white flour, oil or sugar in the entire recipe- It focuses on the natural sweetness of the overripe bananas and dash of maple syrup for it! It’s extremely diet friendly too, suitable for those following a paleo, vegan, gluten free and grain free lifestyle!
HACK! Not all of us are big fans of chunks in their trunk banana bread. That’s okay- I forgive you. To have a delicious, smooth texture which still has the amazing taste, simple blend finely in a blender, food processor or by stick mixer.
Make this healthy four ingredient chunky banana bread but please don’t call it sugar bread.
Sugar bread just sounds incredibly silly.
- 3 cups overripe banana, mashed roughly
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter (can sub for any nut butter)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- Dairy free chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line loaf pan or baking tray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix until fully incorporated. Stir through chocolate chips if desired.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan or baking tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden on top. Remove from oven and allow to sit until completely cool. Remove, slice and enjoy.
- Banana bread may seem undercooked when taken out, but they are incredibly moist/gooey and will maintain such texture even once cooled.
- Banana bread can be kept at room temperature in a sealed container, however, are best refrigerated. They are also freezer friendly.
Are you a fan of boxed cake mix?
Chunky or smooth….peanut butter?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld