These easy, crispy cauliflower fritters are your meat-free and veggie burger alternative! They need just four main ingredients to make.
Cauliflower fritters are a great way to sneak in some veggies into your diet. These delicious patties are easy to make and require just four simple ingredients.
Why you’ll love these crispy cauliflower fritters
Cauliflower patties are a healthy alternative to traditional meat-based patties. They are low in calories and high in fiber, making them a great option for anyone looking to eat healthier.
- Quick and easy. With just four ingredients and four simple steps, you can have delicious cauliflower fritters on your plate in no time.
- Paleo and vegan-friendly. This recipe is suitable for a variety of dietary needs and preferences.
- Healthy and nutritious. Like stuffed tomatoes or eggplant, these fritters are packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber, making them a great addition to any meal.
- Versatile. You can serve cauliflower fritters as a side dish, snack, or even a light meal. We love to pair them with curry or spicy noodles for a well balanced meal!
How to make cauliflower fritters
- Cauliflower: A cruciferous vegetable that is low in calories and high in fiber, vitamin C, and other nutrients. Choose firm and tender cauliflower.
- Zucchini: A versatile vegetable that adds texture and moisture to the fritters. If you want fritters without cauliflower, try zucchini fritters instead.
- Coconut flour: A grain-free alternative to regular flour that adds minimal flavor and helps bind the ingredients together.
- Egg OR flax eggs: A vegan egg substitute that also adds fiber and healthy fats to the fritters.
- Salt and pepper: to taste.
To start making these delicious cauliflower fritters, grab a large mixing bowl and combine the cauliflower, zucchini, coconut flour, and eggs (or flaxmeal). Mix everything together until it’s well combined, and you have a nice, cohesive mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Next, it’s time to heat up your non-stick pan. Put it on medium heat and add a tablespoon of oil. Once the oil is nice and hot, use a cookie scoop or spoon to drop the cauliflower mixture onto the pan. Flatten the mixture with a spatula and let it cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until it’s a beautiful golden brown.
Finally, it’s time to enjoy your delicious cauliflower fritters! Serve them hot with your favorite dipping sauce, or use them as a side dish for your favorite meal.
Tips and tricks
- Make sure to squeeze out as much water as possible from the zucchini to prevent the fritters from becoming too wet.
- Use a food processor to finely chop the cauliflower into small pieces.
- Add your favorite herbs and spices, such as garlic powder or dried oregano, to enhance the flavor of the fritters.
- Use a non-stick pan or a well-oiled pan to prevent the fritters from sticking.
Ways to enjoy cauliflower patties
These cauliflower patties are so versatile and work like any good veggie burger or patty!
- In a wrap- Chop up a burger and enjoy it in a wrap or tortilla, like falafel.
- On a pizza- Chop up veggie burger pieces and use them as a protein-packed topping on a vegan, keto, or standard pizza.
- As a burger!- Make some buns or rolls and stuff them up.
- In a salad- Serve these over a green goddess, rice, or orzo salad.
- On top of some rice- Boost your protein and veggie intake by eating them on top of some sushi or cauliflower rice.
- With curry– For a hearty veggie-packed meal, serve these over an eggplant curry or veggie korma.
You can store the cauliflower fritters in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat them in the oven or on the stovetop before serving.
Frequently asked questions
es, you can use frozen cauliflower, but make sure to thaw it completely and squeeze out any excess moisture before using it.
While coconut flour is best, all-purpose, almond, or wheat flour work. Avoid using oat flour as they will be gummy.
The fritters should be golden brown and crispy on the outside and cooked through on the inside. You can check by inserting a toothpick or knife into the center of a fritter to ensure it’s fully cooked.
Yes, you can freeze the fritters for up to six months. To reheat, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight and then bake them in the oven until heated through.
- Grate the zucchini in a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Steam the cauliflower for about 5 minutes until just fork tender. Add the cauliflower to the food processor/blender and process until broken down into small chunks. Do not over process or it will become a mash.
- Use a dishtowel or nut milk bag to squeeze as much moisture as possible out of the grated veggies.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the flour of choice, egg. salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you like. Mix to thoroughly combine. Shape into eight patties.
- Add oil to a large pan. Add four fritters to the pan and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat with the second half of the fritters/burgers.
- Serve with dipping sauce of choice.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.