Baked Buffalo cauliflower bites are baked pieces of crispy cauliflower covered in a spicy buffalo sauce! Made with low carb ingredients, these keto buffalo wings are a delicious appetizer or vegetable side dish! 3 grams net carbs per serve.
Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
When it comes to vegetables, cauliflower would easily be my favorite. Not only is it super versatile and can be used in a myriad of ways, but it is healthy and packed with nutrients.
This baked buffalo cauliflower ticks all the boxes and is my favorite way to enjoy it. Soft on the inside, crispy on the outside, all covered with a spicy sauce. For anyone who struggles to get their veggies in, this a sure-fire way to do so! They are secretly healthy, and require no frying whatsoever!
I recently served these at a party and people could not believe cauliflower could be made this way- They thought it was only reserved for actual wings. I’m not saying these can accurately replicate the game day appetizer favorite, but it surely holds its own!
How do you make buffalo cauliflower bites
- Cauliflower florets– Cut up your cauliflower into bite sized pieces. If they are too big, they will take longer to cook and won’t be as crispy!
- Milk of choice– I used unsweetened almond milk, but you can use your favorite or preferred milk.
- Salt– Only a little bit will be used for the batter, as the buffalo sauce has plenty of flavor.
- Pepper– Like salt, adds a lovely kick to the batter.
- Almond flour– You must use blanched almond flour, to keep the cauliflower bites extra crispy, and cook evenly.
- Buffalo sauce– The star ingredient! The market is full of various buffalo sauces, so use your favorite one. I opted for a keto friendly buffalo sauce.
Start by preparing your cauliflower and chopping it into small pieces. Ensure they are completely dry. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a mixing bowl, combine your milk with spices and whisk together. In another bowl, add your almond flour. Moving quickly, dip your cauliflower in the milk and almond mixture, then place it on the baking sheet. Once all your cauliflower is coated in the batter, place in a preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and drizzle with the buffalo sauce, or brush with a pastry brush, until coated. Place back in the oven and bake for a further 10 minutes.
Can I make these in the air fryer?
If you own an air fryer, you can skip turning on the oven and make the cauliflower in the air fryer. Prepare the cauliflower as directed, but place them on an air fryer tray instead of a baking sheet. Air fry the cauliflower for 15 minutes, before removing from the air fryer and drizzling the buffalo sauce mixture over it. Air fry for a further 6 minutes.
TIP: You will need to air fry in batches to ensure they are evenly cooked.
Tips to make the best buffalo cauliflower
- Try to chop the cauliflower in even pieces, so they all cook evenly and thoroughly.
- If you don’t follow a low carb or keto diet, you can replace the almond flour with all purpose flour or wholewheat flour.
- Baked buffalo cauliflower is best enjoyed fresh, as that ensures the crispiness of it.
- Feel free to add other spices to the batter. I love adding paprika, garlic powder and a little bit of cayenne!
- If you follow a whole30 diet, these are whole30 approved, provided you use the ingredients as written.
Storing and Freezing Cauliflower Bites
- To store: Store leftover buffalo cauliflower in the refrigerator in a sealable container or on a plate covered in plastic wrap. Refrigerated cauliflower will keep well for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: Place cauliflower bites in a ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- To reheat: To maintain the crispy texture, I recommend you reheat them either stovetop (in a non-stick pan) or in an air fryer/oven, so they can crisp up again properly.
More Easy Veggie Snacks
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside. Chop your cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, add your almond milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk well. Fold through your almond flour until fully incorporated.
- Dip your cauliflower pieces completely in the batter, before transferring to the baking tray.
- Bake the cauliflower for 20-25 minutes, or until beginning to go golden brown.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and brush each piece with buffalo sauce. Place back in the oven and bake for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes, before serving.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.