This curry roasted cauliflower needs just 4 ingredients to make and makes a fabulous side dish! Ready in just 20 minutes, it’s crispy, crunchy, and SO delicious!
There is a reason why cauliflower is considered the king of vegetables.
It is, without a doubt, one of the most versatile vegetables. You can literally do anything and everything with it.
While all delicious, sometimes the more simple of recipes are the best. This is why I have a soft spot for this curried cauliflower.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Just 4 ingredients. Cauliflower, oil, and spices.
- The best texture. Crispy and golden brown on the outside, soft and delicious in the middle.
- Diet friendly. It’s low in carbs and perfect if you follow a vegan and gluten-free diet.
What I love about this cauliflower dish is just how flavorful it is. Adding a dash of curry to the seasoning completely transforms it. It tastes so good, you could polish off the entire batch on your own!
This recipe is very simple and besides cauliflower and a few spices, there isn’t much else that goes into this dish. Here is what you’ll need:
- Cauliflower– Chopped into florets.
- Olive oil– While any oil works, the olive variety lends a much better flavor to the curry mix. This gives the cauliflower a lovely crispy exterior.
- Curry powder– Use your favorite spice mix or try making your own.
- Salt and pepper– to taste.
How to make curried cauliflower
Start by adding the cauliflower to a bowl. Add the olive oil, curry powder, and seasonings and mix very well, until all the cauliflower is well coated.
Next, transfer the cauliflower onto a lined baking sheet or dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Now, remove the curry cauliflower from the pan and serve immediately.
Can I make this in the air fryer?
If you’d like to make air fryer cauliflower, follow the instructions below-
Step 1– Preheat the air fryer to 200C/400F. Prepare the cauliflower as instructed.
Step 2- Add it to the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry for 10-12 minutes, shaking halfway through.
Tips to make the best recipe
- If your florets are on the larger side, be sure to flip them regularly.
- While you CAN make this oil-free, even adding a smidge of oil can take this dish up a notch.
- Oven makes and models differ. If your cauliflower isn’t golden brown around the edges, keep it in there longer!
Ways to use roasted cauliflower
While delicious on its own (it’s a fabulous side dish!), this cauliflower is super versatile and can be used in a plethora of ways. Here are some suggestions-
- Cauliflower curry. Add it to a chicken curry or make a curry from scratch and add the roasted cauliflower to it.
- Add it to fried rice. Finely chop the curried cauliflower and toss it through curry fried rice or even cauliflower rice.
- Make cauliflower soup. Pulse the roasted cauliflower until smooth and use it as a base to make curry cauliflower soup.
- Add chickpeas. Toss a can of drained chickpeas into the cauliflower before roasting it.
- Add potatoes. Like the chickpeas, add 2-3 diced potatoes and increase the cooking time by 5 minutes.
- To store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to five days.
- To freeze: Place the cooked and cooled cauliflower in an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to six months.
- Reheating: Either microwave the cauliflower or reheat it in the oven until crispy.
More delicious recipes using cauliflower
- Cauliflower mac and cheese
- Buffalo cauliflower
- Cauliflower potato salad
- Hash browns
- Sesame cauliflower
Frequently Asked Questions
Avoid overcrowding the baking dish and leave some room between each floret so they can cook evenly and completely. This guarantees the cauliflower is always crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Cauliflower is a fantastic keto vegetable as it has very few net carbs. Adding curry powder and simple seasonings make no impact, making this dish suitable for those on a low-carb diet.
To cut the cauliflower for roasting, slice it in half. From there, cut each floret off piece by piece. For those larger pieces, you can cut those in half.
Cutting the vegetable this way ensures the florets remain intact.
Curried Cauliflower | Crispy, Healthy, And Perfectly Roasted
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cauliflower and toss through all the spices. Add the olive oil and using your hands, mix well to ensure all florets are coated with the spices and the oil.
- Add the cauliflower on an even layer on the baking tray and cook for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.