An easy set and forget side dish recipe or appetiser which takes 2 minutes prep and mindless baking- The longer process brings out the natural sweetness of the vegetables without adding any extra sugar- Naturally paleo, vegan and gluten-free!
Although I can’t say I’ve ever been a new mum before (or have I….kekekeke), I can imagine how stressful and tiring it must be. With that in mind, I wanted to share a recipe which could be made mindlessly and be chock full of nutrients too. I also know Michelle LOVES her vegetables (maybe even more than Xander. Just kidding) so here we have an easy, one pan caramelized vegetables.
This one-pan caramelized vegetable recipe is customizable, delicious and so good, you don’t even need to eat it with anything (but you should). It literally takes two minutes to prep and you simply roast them slowly in the oven and then come back after an hour and voila- Perfect, caramelised vegetables. Although these vegetables are ‘carmelized,’ there is actually no added sugar! The key to this is the longer roasting time in which the natural sweetness shines through. Adding a dash of salt infused seasoning also helps enhance the sweetness in which you’ll never eat veggies any other way again! Paleo, gluten-free and vegan- No one is off limits.
Make this easy one pan caramelised vegetables for your next side dish, dinner or well…snack. Oh, and for Michelle’s baby shower!
Easy One Pan Caramelized Vegetables
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 large sweet potatoes cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large carrots cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 butternut squash cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large onions cut into quarters
- 1 T mixed herbs
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a large baking tray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the veggies and pour the oil over it. Add the spices and using your hands, mix very well to ensure it's fully coated. Transfer the vegetables to the greased baking tray and slow roast for at least 1 hour, or until caramelized.
This freezes beautifully- Simply thaw in the oven.