This smoked salmon dip is creamy, thick, and ready in minutes. It’s easy to make, very delicious and makes the perfect appetizer!
The best smoked salmon dip
You can’t find a better dip to serve as an appetizer once you give smoked salmon dip a try.
This is the kind of dip we love to make when we want to impress our guests and trust me, everyone raves about it.
It needs just a handful of simple ingredients and you can use either freshly cooked salmon or tinned salmon.
We love that it comes together in minutes, so you can prep it just before you want to serve it, and you feel so fancy eating it. I mean, who doesn’t love smoked salmon?
By the way, if you love fancy dips, you can try our smoked tuna dip or spinach artichoke dip.
- Salmon – Cooked or canned salmon. If you choose the cooked version, make sure it is mildly flavored with minimal seasonings, like air fryer salmon.
- Cream cheese – Adds richness and makes the dip creamy.
- Sour cream – Enhances the creamy flavor without the heaviness.
- Green onion
- Worcestershire sauce – Serves as a condiment.
- Spices- Smoked paprika, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- Lemon juice – Balances out the salty flavors.
- Liquid smoke– The secret ingredient that gives this dip the smoky flavor.
How to make salmon dip
Mix all the ingredients
Take a bowl and flake the salmon in it, ensuring there are no visible chunks. Next, add all the other ingredients and mix well until fully incorporated.
Now, cover the bowl and refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes, so the flavors can meld and the dip thickens.
Serve as an appetizer or with any other dish.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Don’t over-mix the dip; the salmon should have a flaky texture.
- You can customize the flavor by experimenting with the seasonings or condiments. Add some tang with some mustard or add a spicy kick with some red pepper flakes.
- To make it dairy-free, use dairy free cream cheese and sour cream.
What flavors go well with smoked salmon?
The best flavors to pair up with smoked salmon are lemon and herbs. However, if you don’t like these flavors or want to try something else, then you can also use dill, capers and cream cheese.
How long does this dip last?
Wondering what is the best way to store leftovers? Here are best practices for dip storage:
- To store: You can store the smoked salmon dip in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, covered.
- To freeze: Store it in a freezer-safe container to freeze for up to a month. Always defrost it in the refrigerator day before a day before serving it.
What crackers go with salmon dip?
Smoked salmon dip tastes delicious when served with the following crackers and chips:
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Smoked Salmon Dip recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
Smoked Salmon Dip Recipe | Ready In 2 Minutes
- 8 ounces canned salmon * See notes
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Drain the salmon then add it to a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Cover the mixing bowl and refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to meld together.
- Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
This dip is sooo delicious and very flavorful