A delicious, no bake healthy cookie recipe which requires 1 bowl and 10 minutes tops to whip up! Using almonds three ways, these cookies are gluten free, paleo, vegan, dairy free and the perfect grab and go healthy breakfast!
I should consider renaming this blog to the ‘no bake blogger’. Or the ‘no bake boy’.Or something with the word lazy….because no bake = easy = my kind of recipe.
I’m keeping with my promise to make paleo friendly recipes for Niki- although I may or may not have been eating them myself. I like to refer to it as quality assurance. I mean, it’s rude to serve other people food which isn’t delicious. Right? RIGHT?
Back to the recipe- I kind of got slightly excited with the almonds. Almond butter and almond flour are the same thing except ground to different levels of perfection. If I didn’t add a few other ingredients, I may as well have just bought a package of almonds and called them breakfast. However, I am not THAT lazy.
The reason for the multiple variations of them is one thing- Texture. Almond butter, almond flour and whole almonds are all the same thing- but the textures of each of them are different. One of Niki’s favourite cookies are these Persian Almond cookies which she used to eat for breakfast. Those cookies were definitely not Paleo (Think almonds, glucose syrup, butter and almond meal) but now she has a substitute for the two weeks. Or three weeks. Any bets it will be close to a year the way she’s going.
These no bake cookies don’t have to be limited to breakfast but cookies for breakfast sounds sexy. Not only are they suitable for Paleo folks, but if you follow a Vegan, Grain Free or Gluten Free diet- you can go to town on these two.
No Bake Triple Almond Breakfast Cookies (Paleo | Grain Free | Gluten Free | Vegan)
- ¼ cup almond flour, sifted
- 2 T coconut flour, sifted
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (adjust to taste)
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup whole almonds, divided
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 T shredded coconut
- Optional Add ins-
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- Homemade paleo chocolate chunks
- Dried fruits
- Chopped nuts
- In a small mixing bowl, add the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon and sea salt. Add the almond butter and mix well until a crumbly batter is formed.
- Slowly add in almond milk, one tablespoon at a time, until a firm dough is formed. Add in the shredded coconut, half the whole almonds and any other mix ins as desired.
- Form into palm sized cookies and plate.Add remaining whole almonds on top and refrigerate for 2-4 hours to firm up.
- These cookies are quite soft once left at room temperature- best to store them in a fridge/freezer.
Hope to see you all stop over for Spill it, Sundays- this week we highlight other blogger’s posts or recipes!
What’s one food which has multiple textures in different forms? Oats!
No bake or baked goods? Which do you prefer?
Do you reckon it would be awesome to have a job tasting for ‘quality control’?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld