Soft and chewy cookies which taste like banana bread but are healthy for you! Just one bowl and twelve minutes is needed to whip up these quick and easy cookies! Naturally gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free, these cookies have no flour, butter, oil or added sugar in them- The perfect snack! Check out the TESTED Paleo option too!
Oh, hi friends.
It’s the mid-week food party we all love and I’ve not only got a full day of eats to share but a delicious recipe. So it’s safe to say, I have an obsession recently with sharing recipes with well…not too many ingredients. From no bake bars, paleo flatbread and more recently, brownies– You’d be amazed at what can be recreated with some cheeky shortcuts in the kitchen.
Now let’s talk cookies.
The infamous 3 ingredient banana cookies aren’t anything new- In fact, they were one of the first cookies I ever made growing up, thanks to the cereal box in most Australian households. I took the basis of that to share with you guys the three ingredient pumpkin cookies and the three ingredient applesauce cookies and today- The banana version.
While traditional 3 ingredient banana cookies call for rolled oats, I wanted them to have a more ‘bread’ like texture. For that, I used gluten free oat bran.
There are some recipes out there which call for just two ingredients- The mashed banana and the oats but to be honest, unless I had three overripe bananas per half cup of oats, I was presented with nothing more than hockey pucks.
To compensate, I added some smooth almond butter, but have definitely made this with my beloved peanut butter before too.
These healthy three ingredient flourless banana bread cookies are your quick sweet fix with kitchen items you’d most likely have on hand.
These cookies are soft, chewy and if you use the gluten free oat bran, have a texture similar to a thick banana bread. Naturally gluten free and vegan, these cookies are also free from flour, butter, oil or added sugars- Hi 5 to bananas for sweetness!
HACK! See those pretty chocolate chip like goodies embedded in them? I chose to use salted caramel chips and pretty much whipped my hair back and forth in excitement and cursed Australia for once again being behind the ball with baking chips.
NOTE- These chips are not gluten free for vegan so friends who follow either of those dietary lifestyles, use dairy free chips or simply omit.
Make these healthy three ingredient flourless banana bread cookies and you can totally pass these beauties off as breakfast. Or lunch. Or dinner.
Well, I did.
PALEO FRIENDS- Here is the PALEO OPTION of this recipe– It’s just as delicious and 3 Ingredients too!
Three Ingredient Flourless Banana Bread Cookies
- 2 large overripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup gluten free oat bran can sub for rolled or quick oats
- 4 T smooth almond butter can sub for any nut butter of choice
- Add ins of choice- Chocolate chips etc
- Please see link above
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bananas, oat bran and almond butter and mix very well. If batter is too thin, add more oats. Stir through add-ins of choice.
- Using your hands or a cookie scoop, form into balls and set on the lined baking tray. Press each ball into a cookie shape and bake for 12 minutes, or until slightly firm on the edges and remove. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before enjoying!