A healthy, single serve breakfast cookie recipe which requires no baking whatsoever AND in under five minutes! A huge serving which is gluten free, high protein, very low in sugar AND a vegan version!
What started out as friendly banter between myself and some blogging friends last year has ironically morphed into a reality.
After posting a slew of no bake recipes like these no bake cashew coconut protein bars, no bake s’mores protein cookies and no bake kettle corn granola bars, my
happy little vegemite friend Lindsay joked that I should change my blog name to ‘The No Bake Blogger’.
The main reason for me starting this trend on The Big Man’s World was due to not being in possession of a kitchen gadget most people swore by- The elusive food processor. For the most part, most of the recipes I’d seen shared by fellow bloggers or on other sites all called for dried fruits, nuts and other ingridients all being pulsed together to form balls, bars or bites- Something which was impossible on my end. However, for the first half of last year, my breakfast was the same thing day in day out- This Nut Butter Breakfast Cookie Dough for one. I randomly came up with them on a whim when I realised eating oatmeal at my desk was deemed (amongst my colleagues at that time) bizarre. I still wanted my oatmeal in some form, but without the need for a bowl, microwave over even basic tupperware. Oh, and judgement too. These cookie dough balls fit the bill and voila- Needed no food processor or baking to whip up. To keep things exciting, I’d switch up the combinations and try out different flavours.
In turn, I realised I didn’t need ANY dried fruits pulsed together to make such bars or balls- Just an understanding of what flours work with what protein powders, nut butters and any other add ins. Soon enough, the thought of needing a food processor went out the window and I was making my own no bake meals and snacks. (Side note- I made sure NONE of the recipes in my upcoming e-cookbook need this gadget at all!)
Ever since then, I’ve loved coming up with new combinations, new flavours and trialling out different combinations of flours which in turn, result in cookies, cookie doughs and bars which are perfect to snack on or have as a substantial meal because let’s be real- Doesn’t cookies or cookie dough for breakfast sound ridiculously appealing?
Today’s recipe was between this one and a vanilla cake batter one. I asked on Facebook which should be shared first and this one won by a landslide and I’m not surprised- A single serve batch of no bake cookies which taste like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup but is healthy, filling and starts your day with chocolate? I think so.
Like most of the other no bake cookie/cookie dough recipes, these Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Breakfast Cookies take barely any time to prep. They are gluten free, vegan, very high in protein and low in sugar- You’d be surprised at just how much they taste like a Reese’s Peanut Butter cup!
A common question I’m often emailed about or asked on Facebook is which gluten free flour blend or coconut/almond flour blend is best. I thought such a blend wouldn’t be available, unless you make your own….until now. With a majority of my reader’s from America, I’d recommend the one’s sold by my friend Rachel here. This is not an affiliate link or anything of the sort- Reading through the overwhelmingly positive feedback and success rate when it comes to using these particular flour blends in cooking (not an easy feat with the unpredictable nature of flours calling for Coconut/Almond/gluten free or a combination of all three), it is the perfect blend for all my recipes using gluten free flours!
While I won’t be changing my blog name to ‘The No Bake Blogger’, I’m going to run with the title and continue sharing my love of no bake recipes, and hopefully, try to stick to one per week- Weather it be in cookie or breakfast cookie dough form- It’ll happen. Now go on….Set the timer for five minutes and make these Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Breakfast Cookies.
Love, the NBB.
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend (can sub for gf oat flour/rolled oats/oat bran)
- 2 T peanut flour (can sub for PB2 or almond flour)
- 2 T cocoa powder (add an extra T for a richer, dark chocolate flavour)
- 1-2 T sweetener of choice (can omit for a richer, dark chocolate flavour)
- pinch sea salt
- 2 T peanut butter (can sub for any nut butter)
- 1/4- 1/2 cup dairy free milk*
- peanut butter chips**
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, peanut flour, cocoa powder, salt and sweetener and mix well. Add the peanut butter- The mixture should be very crumbly.
- Slowly, add the dairy free milk of choice 1 tablespoon at a time until a very thick and firm batter is formed. Stir through the peanut butter chips until fully incorporated.
- Using your hands, form into cookie shapes (I made three large, palm sized cookies) and press firmly on a plate with parchment paper. Add extra peanut butter chips on top and eat immediately or for a firmer cookie, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- * Depending on the liquid you use, it could be more or less. Add it in very slowly until desired consistency
- ** For a vegan version, make you're own peanut butter chips using this tutorial or this tutorial. As these cookies require no baking they will remain intact and not melt into it.
- Cookies can be kept at room temperature. You can make a bigger batch and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 2 months.
Want more No Bake Single Serve goodness perfect for breakfast? Let’s go!
Nutella Breakfast Cookie Dough (Vegan, Gluten Free, Sugar Free, High Protein)
Banana Smoothie Breakfast Bites (Vegan, Gluten Free, High Protein)
Paleo Breakfast Cookie Dough (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free)
Do you own a food processor?
For those who work in an office, do you get judged on your food?
Send through your requests for breakfast cookies and single serve cookie doughs- I’ve got a few exciting ones to come but always welcoming more!
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld