Just four ingredients, one bowl and 12 minutes is needed to whip up these easy, delicious cookies which tastes exactly like a fluffy banana cake! Just like biting into a slice of cake, these cake cookies are Naturally gluten-free, grain-free, paleo and vegan- A snack or treat to enjoy anytime!
I hope you guys made the 4 ingredient no bake banana bread blondies recipe I shared on Friday.
This is the exact same recipe….but baked.
Let’s flashback to Wednesday when I was in the kitchen and had three failed experiments one after another. I was trying out a soufflé recipe and whilst it tasted amazing, it looked worse than visual punishment. To all my friends that I messaged those pictures to without warning- Apologies for not warning you to avert your eyes.
After being beyond frustrated and full of failed recipes (they did taste amazing!), I kept the oven on in the hope that I’d attempt said soufflé one more time. However, the thought (and visual) of another potentially flawed recipe was too much to handle so I did something random- Which turned out amazing.
That very night, I was meeting Alexis to catch up on life and to share some lettuce with dressing on the side. I had planned to bring her a container of the 4 ingredient no bake banana bread blondies but with the oven still on, I decided to scrap that idea and chuck them in the oven cookie shaped in the hopes of something potentially awesome to come out. I literally had zero hopes because this was unplanned and on a spur. Oh well, there would be no loss, regardless.
Because even if it turned out into a hockey puck or a failed mess, Alexis would still eat it.
Lucky for the both of us, they turned out absolutely incredible and all those failed soufflés could go kiss my natural born latte colored…derriere. I celebrated by scoffing down 6 of them before realising that they were not supposed to be for me. Before I could share the recipe on here, I had to get the seal of approval from A. Clearly she approved (or she just was hungry and thought they were carrots) as here I am to share this hack turned recipe- Healthy Four Ingredient Banana Cake cookies!
These Healthy Four Ingredient Banana Cake cookies are a quick, easy and delicious healthy snack to have on hand which literally takes minutes! Unlike traditional cookies, these are more ‘cake’ like, thanks to the coconut flour. They have a similar texture to the pumpkin ‘cake’ pops but with a smoother texture, thanks to the nut butter. These banana cake cookies are naturally gluten-free, grain-free, vegan and paleo so they clearly don’t discriminate
(only people named Alexis).
For optimum texture, I’d recommend removing the cookies after 12 minutes while they are still soft- They firm up quite well and maintain the delicious, cake-like texture!
Do me a favor. Turn on the oven, make a double batch of the 4 ingredient no bake banana bread blondies and enjoy the former while you wait for the latter to be ready.
BOOM. The best of both worlds.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium ones)
- 1/4 cup cashew butter (can sub for another nut butter)*
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (can sub for another sticky sweetener)*
- Dairy-free Chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking dish with baking paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour and banana and mix well- This should be very crumbly.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt your nut butter with liquid sweetener and pour into the dry mixture. Mix until fully incorporated and a thick batter is formed. Add chocolate chips if desired.
- Form into balls and transfer to the lined cookie sheet. Press firmly into a cookie shape and bake for 12 minutes. Remove and allow to sit for 10 minutes until they firm up slightly.
- * If batter is still too thick, add an extra tablespoon of nut butter/sticky sweetener.
- These cookies can be kept at room temperature covered for up to 3 days. These are delicious refrigerated and can also be frozen too.
I’ll see you guys tomorrow for some random updates including an apology to a certain dish from here.
What is something delicious you eat but looks heinous?
Do you like ‘cake-like’ cookies? Seriously, coconut flour should marry me.
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld