Smooth, creamy and ready in just five minutes, this healthy edible classic cookie dough for one is the ultimate snack or healthy dessert to have on hand! With no butter, flour, eggs, refined sugar or oil, it’s a much healthier twist on the classic and naturally gluten-free, vegan, paleo, dairy free and with a high protein option!
Friends, we’re going back to basics today a la Amy Winehouse.
Minus Amy Winehouse.
I’ve spent the past couple of weeks assessing my recipes I’ve been sharing on here. While most, if not all of them are generally easy and on the sweeter side- I’ve realised many of them bypass the more classic flavors. Take today’s recipe for a classic cookie dough for one.
A few months ago, I first shared this delicious pumpkin cookie dough just when the northern hemisphere went cray-cray for pumpkin. Soon after, snickerdoodle wanted a piece of the (non-existent) pie. You can’t have cookie dough without sprinkles so cake batter had to have its turn. We then recently shared my personal favorite- Cookies and cream.
What about the classic version?
Through perusing my recipe archives, there has been a trend in which I bypass the original recipe idea and go full throttle with more creative spins on it. While there isn’t anything ‘wrong’ with that, I tend to forget to share the source of inspiration and as such- This needs to be rectified.
When I first teamed up with Kohl’s for this season, I promised to share quick, easy and delicious recipes families would enjoy. I’m saving the best for last sharing today’s recipe as it brings back amazing memories from my own childhood. Eating raw cookie dough has always been a massive ‘NO NO’ in our house. Mum told us we’d get worms, get thrown in jail and be chased by the Grinch.
This never stopped us and we’d sneakily dip our fingers in the batter and then blame one another for the lack of content going into the oven.
Now I have the perfect solution for you guys- A single serve classic cookie dough for one!
This healthy edible classic cookie dough for one has the taste and texture of real cookie dough but has none of the typical ingredients in one- It has no eggs, no white sugar or white flour. It also takes only five minutes to whip up and is the perfectly portioned snack or healthy treat for one! Naturally gluten-free, vegan, paleo and dairy free, it comes with a tested high protein option too!
HACK! While this most definitely can be mixed by hand, it has a much smoother texture when made in either a food processor or my handy dandy blender. If you use this option, reserve some of the chocolate chips to top them with!
Make this healthy edible classic cookie dough for one and while it’s nice to go fancy at times, let’s not forget about the basics.
Except salads. They are so basic.
- 1/2 cup mashed banana or unsweetened applesauce (can sub for pumpkin)
- 1/2 cup vegan friendly, paleo or casein vanilla protein powder**
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 T oat flour (Can sub for coconut flour for paleo option)**
- 1 T + granulated sweetener of choice (optional)
- 2 T cashew or almond butter
- 1 T maple syrup (can sub for agave or another sticky sweetener)
- 1 T + dairy free milk of choice**
- Dairy free chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine the applesauce/banana, protein powder, cinnamon, flour of choice and sweetener and mix very well.
- In a small microwave-safe dish or stovetop, melt the nut butter with the maple syrup and add to the dry until fully incorporated.
- Using a tablespoon, add dairy free milk of choice until desired consistency is reached. Transfer to a bowl and top with dairy free chips and enjoy!
- If using a blender or food processor, there is no need to melt the nut butter and syrup- Simply add all the ingredients and blend well.
- ** Depending on the protein powder and flours you use, you may need more milk. Adjust accordingly.
- This is best eaten after being refrigerated as it firms up even more and becomes even more doughy.
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Kohl’s.
Cheers, hugs and handshakes for supporting brands and companies which allow me to do what I love every day!
Were you brought up with the ‘you’ll get worms’ myth when baking?
What is something basic you adore? Vanilla. Vanilla ice cream.
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld