You only need one minute in the microwave to whip up this healthy carrot cake! Moist, fluffy yet tender on the outside, this healthy one minute carrot cake is naturally gluten free, vegan, dairy free and comes with a tested paleo option!
“When I get married, I want my wedding cake to be a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, but instead of the carrot cake base, I want chocolate mud cake. Instead of the cream cheese frosting, I want it to be a chocolate ganache.”
“Niki, that’s a chocolate mud cake.”
“But chocolate mud cake sounds gross.”
“Classic chocolate cake with chocolate ganache?”
“No. I told you what I want the cake to be. A carrot cake with cream cheese frosting- Swap the carrot cake for chocolate cake and cream cheese frosting for chocolate ganache.”
I seriously wish conversations with my sister would be considered physical workouts. If so, I’d have a body rocking better than Ryan Gosling, Zac Efron and 5 Seconds of Summer combined.
We had just been to the movies to watch Bridesmaids (Aussie pride with Rebel Wilson, YO!) and had gone afterwards to get pancakes at the 24-hour pancake parlor. I’d chosen to get my usual, a Spanakopita Crepe (cheese, spinach and garlic) and my sister decided to be fancy- A short stack with STRAWBERRY ice cream instead of vanilla.
Don’t ask me how strawberry gets the ‘fancy’ crown over vanilla.
Anyway, my sister was inspired by Bridesmaids to discuss her wedding goals. She wanted to have a small wedding and my invitation would be pending under the day before. My mum would not be allowed to open her mouth and Panda would walk her down the aisle. Guests would be served Japanese food but seafood would be banned. She also said Vera Wang would design her gown.
I’m not sure which earth my sister resides on, but it’s certainly not the one we live on. Our meals were served and I was thankful to have pancakes distract me and I was able to contain my thoughts. I then had to shatter my sister’s dreams by giving her a reality check and advising her that her wedding dreams were just that- DREAMS. My sister, being her stubborn self, laughed it off and told me I was just jealous and that my invitation was no longer pending- I was not invited.
C’est la bloody vie.
So what does today’s recipe have to do with the above memory? Nothing- Except I know this will be the snack I’ll be enjoying while my sister has this fantasy wedding of stupidity. Unlike her ‘dream cake’, my version’s carrot cake base IS CARROT CAKE and the frosting comes with a CREAM CHEESE option. Seriously, I cannot believe her reasoning for the name. I digress- Let’s ignore her lamenting and jump into today’s delicious creation- A healthy one minute carrot cake!
This healthy one minute carrot cake is moist, fluffy and tender on the outside- A delicious snack or quick dessert! While it may look like a decadent treat, it’s actually packed full of healthy ingredients which makes this appropriate to enjoy ANYTIME! Clocking it at under 100 calories (without the optional glaze), it’s also naturally gluten free, vegan, dairy free, paleo and refined sugar free! While it takes around 1 minute in the microwave, I know not everyone uses one or prefers this method- Take note of the
HACK! This recipe comes with three frosting options, similar to this carrot cake recipe. While I personally LOVE cream cheese, I have a soft spot for the coconut butter glaze which…well, coconut butter.
Make this healthy one minute carrot cake and seriously.
If you need a workout without lifting a finger, call Niki.
After, you’ll consider burpees to be like rainbows.
- 1 T coconut flour
- 1 T almond flour
- 1 T oat flour (omit for paleo version)*
- 2 T granulated sweetener of choice (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch cinnamon/nutmeg/ginger
- 1 large egg white (can sub for 1 large egg or 1 flax egg)
- 2 T mashed carrots
- 1 T shredded carrots (optional)
- 1 T + dairy free milk of choice**
- 1 T cream cheese of choice (Dairy free or standard)
- Granulated monk fruit sweetener/sweetener of choice (to desired sweetness)
- 1-2 T vanilla protein powder (I recommend a casein or brown rice blend)
- 1-2 tsp granulated sweetener of choice (optional)
- 1-2 tsp nut butter of choice (optional)
- Dairy free milk to form batter
- 1 T coconut butter, melted
- 1 T granulated sweetener of choice
- Dairy free milk to thin out
- For the microwave version
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flours, sweetener, cinnamon/ginger/nutmeg and baking powder in mix well.
- Add in your egg white, mashed carrots, optional shredded carrots, dairy free milk and mix until fully incorporated.
- Microwave for 50 seconds (or up to 2 minutes, depending on your microwave) and remove. Top with frosting and enjoy!
- Pour batter into an oven safe dish and bake at 350 for 12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- * If you omit the oat flour for almond, you'll need a dash more dairy free milk.
- ** Depending on the starch you use and the brand of coconut flour, you will most likely need more than 1 tablespoon- Adjust accordingly.
For those unmarried, what is your ideal wedding cake?
For those whom are married, what WAS your wedding cake?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld