This Christmas popcorn is a fun and festive snack that is loaded with candy canes and candy buttons! Ready in 5 minutes and made with just 3 ingredients.
When the festive season rolls around, our kitchen is all about sweets and treats.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- 3 ingredients. All you need is popcorn, candy canes, and candy buttons.
- Ready in 5 minutes. All you do is prep the popcorn and add the mix-ins!
- Perfect for the holidays. This is the kind of holiday treat you can give as edible gifts or serve at holiday parties.
What I love about this recipe is just how simple it is yet looks impressive! Have this at all your holiday events and there won’t be any leftovers!
As mentioned earlier, this recipe calls for just 3 basic ingredients. Here is what you’ll need:
- Popcorn. I like to use kettle corn as my base, as I love the sweet and salty combination but simple plain air-popped popcorn also works. You can use a pre-made store-bought kind, too.
- Candy canes. I like using mini candy canes as they are easier to break apart.
- Candy buttons. Christmas M & M’s add a pop of green and red color.
How to make Christmas popcorn
Start by prepping your popcorn. You can either make it fresh (as we did) or use a pre-popped package. Once that is sorted, add it to a large mixing bowl.
Next, break up some candy canes and add them to the bowl, along with the candy buttons, and gently mix everything together until combined.
This recipe is very simple and forgiving, so be creative and change it up so suit your preferences! Here are some ideas:
- Add other candy. Swap out the M & M’s for wrapped chocolate or fudge.
- Use flavored popcorn. Instead of plain or kettle corn, use honey popcorn or caramel popcorn instead.
- Add cookies. Adding mini Oreos or mini chocolate chip cookies adds a fun and delicious addition.
- To store: Make ahead popcorn will keep fresh for up to two weeks. Ensure it is covered at all times.
- To freeze: Avoid freezing holiday popcorn as it will become soggy and the candy will lose its color.
More popcorn recipes to try
Frequently asked questions
From the day the popcorn is made, this recipe will last at least two weeks. Any longer and the popcorn loses its freshness.
Popcorn is a popular edible gift during the holidays as it is easy to jazz up and tastes delicious.
When gluten-free candy is used, this recipe is suitable for celiacs.
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Christmas Popcorn recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
- Prep your popcorn and add it to a large mixing bowl.
- Break apart the candy canes and add them to the bowl, along with the m and ms.
- Mix everything together and package up or enjoy immediately.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.