Learn how to make a garlic pizza from scratch without yeast! Using my homemade 2 ingredient pizza dough, it’s so tasty and cooks in just 10 minutes.
If you love garlic bread and you love pizza, this garlic bread pizza is one for the books. It’s a cross between the two but just a little bit more delicious.
Honestly, who can rest a fresh loaf of garlic bread? I know I can’t! That’s where this pizza version comes into play. It’s not as heavy but just as delicious, and it’s the kind of dish I make to feed a crowd.
I used my favorite pizza dough for the crust, which is magical and needs just 2 ingredients but any crust will do just fine. You can scale it up or scale it down so polish it all off if that’s what you want!
Table of Contents
Why this recipe works
- Foolproof recipe. No yeast, no resting time, and no kneading required.
- Super quick. It literally takes 20 minutes from prep to plate!
- Perfect texture and flavor. Like any good pizza, the crust is chewy and fluffy, and the garlic butter topping isn’t too overpowering, so it compliments anything you pair it with.
The best part of making your own garlic pizza is that you can make it as garlic-heavy or buttery as you like.
This garlic pizza bread uses just 5 simple ingredients that you’d likely already have on hand. Here is what you will need:
- Pizza dough– The base of the garlic pizza bread uses my homemade pizza dough recipe. It’s made with just 2 ingredients and takes minutes to prepare. You can use a store-bought dough or even a chilled pizza crust.
- Milk– To brush over the tops of the pizza dough to give it a golden shine. I used whole milk, but any milk works.
- Butter– To make the garlic topping! Be sure to use good quality butter as it really brings out the flavor of the pizza.
- Garlic– You can use fresh or bottled (jarred) minced garlic. I used the minimum amount, but feel free to add more if you love garlic.
- Rosemary– A must for any savory bread or pizza!
How to make garlic pizza
For such an impressive-looking pie, you’ll love how foolproof it is to whip up!
- Prep your pizza dough: Prepare your pizza dough as directed.
- Make the garlic butter: In a microwave-safe bowl or in a small saucepan, melt your butter. Transfer to a small bowl then add your minced garlic, salt, and rosemary, and mix well.
- Assemble the pizza: Using a pastry brush, brush the entire pizza crust with your milk of choice. This will ensure the crust is golden once baked. Once you have done that, use the pastry brush to brush the garlic butter mixture over the top, leaving around half an inch from the edge.
- Bake the pizza: Place the garlic pizza bread into the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, until the edges have gone golden brown and the garlic butter topping is sizzling.
- Slice: Remove from the oven, slice it up and enjoy!
Tips to make the best recipe
- Roll out the dough thinly so there is room for it to rise and puff up. Remember, the crust will rise considerably.
- Adjust the amount of garlic you add to the butter to suit your preferences. What we’ve recommended is the minimum amount.
- If you own a pizza stone, bake the pizza on that instead of a baking sheet or dish. The stone cooks the crust more evenly and gives them crisp sides. No pizza stone? No worry.
To store: Leftovers should be stored in the fridge in a sealed container. It will keep fresh for up to 7 days.
To freeze: You can freeze the garlic pizza bread recipe to enjoy later. Place pizza slices in parchment paper and keep in a ziplock bag. They will keep fresh for up to 6 months.
To reheat: Re-heat the pizza in the oven or on the stovetop in a non-stick pan.
More delicious ways to enjoy pizza
Frequently asked questions
If you don’t want to make your own pizza dough, you can use any pizza crust (pre-made) or store bought dough.
Follow the instructions as listed, but be prepared to add more garlic butter, as depending on the size of the dough/crust, you may need more.
I highly recommend using fresh garlic, as it only requires a small amount to bring out the flavor.
I’ve tried garlic powder and garlic salt, but it doesn’t come close. If that is what you have, you can use it, but I’d recommend adding some onion powder to amp up the flavor.
Yes! I kept this cheeseless as it’s more authentic and similar to what you’d find at a pizzeria but feel free to add mozzarella cheese on top before baking.
Garlic Pizza Recipe
- 1 batch pizza dough * See notes
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Prepare your 2 ingredient pizza dough as directed. Once prepared, place on the lined tray and brush the milk all over the top, until completely covered.
- In a small bowl, add your melted butter, minced garlic, and rosemary and whisk together until combined. Using the pastry brush, brush the mixture over the top of the prepared pizza crust, leaving half an inch from the sides.
- Place the prepared garlic pizza in the oven and bake for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and slice into 16 thin slices.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.