Learn how to make a garlic bread pizza from scratch without yeast! Made with 2 ingredient pizza dough, it’s like eating pizza hut or Domino’s Garlic bread, in a healthy pizza form!
Growing up, whenever we got take out from Domino’s or Pizza Hut, I’d always polish off a whole loaf of garlic bread alone.
I know this might be sacrilegious to say, but I think I love garlic bread more than the actual pizza themselves.
As someone who LOVES pizza and LOVES garlic bread, it was time to combine the two.
Homemade Garlic Pizza Bread
I used my favorite 2 ingredient weight watchers pizza dough, which is magical.
No yeast, no resting time and no kneading required.
It literally takes 20 minutes from prep to plate!
Naturally gluten-free and vegan, it also happens to be dairy-free, too!
The best part of making your own garlic pizza is that you can make it as garlic-heavy or buttery as you like.
Thick, chewy and LOADED with garlic flavor- You’ll love how quick and simple it is!
How to make garlic pizza bread from scratch
- Homemade 2 ingredient pizza dough– The base of the garlic pizza bread uses my homemade pizza dough recipe. It’s made with just 2 ingredients and takes minutes to prepare.
- Milk of choice– To brush over the tops of the pizza dough, to give it the golden shine. I used oat milk, but any dairy or non-dairy milk works.
- Vegan butter OR traditional butter– To make the garlic topping! Be sure to use a good quality butter or vegan butter, as it really brings out the flavor of the pizza.
- Garlic– You can either use fresh minced garlic or bottled (jarred) minced garlic. I used the minimum amount, but feel free to add more if you love garlic.
- Rosemary– A must for any savory bread or pizza!
Step 1- Prepare your pizza dough and garlic butter
Prepare your 2 ingredient pizza dough as directed. When that is done, set it aside and prepare your garlic butter.
In a microwave-safe bowl or in a small saucepan, melt your butter. Transfer to a small bowl and add your minced garlic, salt and rosemary and mix well.
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
Step 2- Put the garlic pizza together
Using a pastry brush, brush the entire pizza crust with your milk of choice. This will ensure the crust is golden once baked. Once you have done that, use the pastry brush to brush the garlic butter mixture over the top, leaving around half an inch from the edge.
Step 3- Bake the pizza!
Place the garlic pizza bread into the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, until the edges have gone golden brown and the garlic butter topping is sizzling.
Remove from the oven, slice it up and enjoy!
Common questions about garlic pizza bread
Can you put raw garlic on pizza?
I highly recommend using fresh garlic, as it only requires a small amount to bring out the flavor.
I’ve tried garlic powder and garlic salt and it just doesn’t come close. If that is what you have, you can use it, but I’d recommend adding some onion powder too, to amp up the flavor.
Can I use a store-bought pizza crust or pizza dough?
If you don’t want to make your own pizza dough (even though it is super simple!) you can use a store bought pizza crust (pre-made) or store bought dough.
Follow the instructions as listed, but be prepared to add more garlic butter, as the amount in this recipe is enough for one pizza using my 2 ingredient pizza dough.
Can I prepare the pizza in advance?
You can prepare the pizza in advance, and have it really to be placed in the oven just before consuming. Be sure the pizza is made on the same day, and not more than 12 hours in advance, otherwise you’ll find the garlic butter topping sinking into the dough, and also the dough becoming too sticky.
I’d recommend you prepare the dough, refrigerate it, and put the garlic butter topping on top when ready.
Is this garlic pizza gluten-free and vegan?
Yes, if you follow my homemade pizza dough, it IS gluten-free and vegan.
The dough uses gluten-free flour and dairy-free yogurt, and the garlic butter topping uses vegan butter.
Storing and Freezing Garlic Pizza bread
- To store: Leftover garlic pizza bread should be stored in the fridge, in a sealable container. It will keep fresh for up to 7 days.
- To freeze: You can freeze the garlic pizza to enjoy at a later date! Place pizza slices in parchment paper and keep in a ziplock bag. They will keep fresh for up to 6 months.
- To thaw: Allow garlic pizza bread to thaw overnight in the fridge overnight.
- To reheat: Re-heat garlic pizza bread either in the oven or on the stovetop in a non-stick pan.
What to serve with garlic pizza bread
- Main dish– Enjoy this garlic pizza on it’s own, served with a side salad or a cheeky glass of wine.
- Side dish– Have a protein heavy main dish (I recommend this baked tofu!) and serve this garlic pizza on the side.
- Stew– The perfect accompaniment to a hearty slow cooker korma or stew.
- Pasta– Sub out the usual garlic bread for a slice of this garlic pizza, the next time you make some pasta!
- Snack board– Having a fancy dinner or drinks? Serve slices, along with dips, cheese, olives, and more!
More delicious yeast-free recipes
- 2 Ingredient Bagels
- Garlic Knots
- Soft Pretzels
- Fluffy Vegan Biscuits
- No Flour Flatbread
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
Garlic Pizza Bread- No yeast!
For the pizza dough
For the garlic butter topping
- 1/4 cup vegan butter or butter Melted
- 3 tbsp minced garlic Approximately 5-6 cloves
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary ** See notes
- 1 tsp salt Optional *** See notes
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Prepare your 2 ingredient pizza dough as directed. Once prepared, place on the lined tray and brush the milk of choice all over the top, until completely covered.
- In a small bowl, add your melted butter, minced garlic and rosemary and whisk together, until combined. Using the pastry brush, brush the mixture over the top of the prepared pizza crust, leaving half an inch from the sides.
- Place the prepared garlic pizza in the oven and bake for 17-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and slice into 18 thin slices.
- TO STORE: Leftover garlic pizza bread should be stored in the fridge, in a sealable container. It will keep fresh for up to 7 days.
- TO FREEZE: You can freeze the garlic pizza to enjoy at a later date! Place pizza slices in parchment paper and keep in a ziplock bag. They will keep fresh for up to 6 months.
- TO THAW: Allow garlic pizza bread to thaw overnight in the fridge overnight.
- TO REHEAT: Re-heat garlic pizza bread either in the oven or on the stovetop in a non-stick pan.