Light, fluffy and tender, these flourless white chocolate and cranberry muffins are the perfect snack or healthy treat to have on hand! Just one bowl and less than 30 minutes is needed to whip these beauties up! They are also gluten free, vegan, egg free and dairy free!
If anyone wants to see a white chocolate version of Niagara Falls, come on over.
When I first made these white chocolate and raspberry protein cookies, I made my own white chocolate chips which were dairy free and suitable for vegans. After trying out three highly recommended recipes, I was able to see which of those produced the best results and ever since then, they have been my ‘go to’ white chocolate recipe.
However, whenever I’d used the homemade white chocolate chips, they’d always been used in recipes requiring no heat or baking.
These white chocolate raspberry protein cookies? No baking.
These Blueberry White chocolate snack bars? No baking.
These white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies? No baking.
These Cookies and cream protein bars? No baking.
These white chocolate and cranberry cookies? No baking.
When I had the idea to make flourless muffins using white chocolate as one of the key ingredients, I thought I was on my game. Chop up some of the standard recipe and sprinkle it throughout the muffins and I’d be golden.
The muffins came out golden.
Golden and bursting with a waterfall of white chocolate.
A Niagara Falls of white chocolate.
A Niagara Falls of white chocolate in which a massive clean up effort was needed.
I should have read the fine print and the comments on the white chocolate recipe post because as stipulated there, the white chocolate is NOT suitable for melting. While the muffins came out delicious, they weren’t the most visually stimulating (edible) objects to look at.
Knowing I wanted to make sure they’d be suitable for my vegan friends too, I opted to use a stash of vegan-friendly chocolate chips I’d been sent to try out a few months ago and sort of forgot about….until now. The second batch came out as expected and I must say, the white chocolate taste was indeed prevalent and when paired with the tart cranberries, came out perfectly. Please note though- My gluten free friends should avoid this particular brand of white chocolate chips and stick to these white baking chips which are certified gluten free.
I’ll save the homemade white chocolate for my no bake recipes and use the packaged ones for ones needing heat. In the meantime, I think I owe you a muffin.
These healthy flourless white chocolate and cranberry muffins are light, fluffy and tender yet have no butter, oil or eggs in them whatsoever! They use just one bowl and take less than 30 minutes from prep to plate and need just a handful of ingredients! These are the perfect snack or baked good to whip up during the Christmas or festive season or really, anytime- They are that versatile! Naturally gluten free and vegan, they also are dairy free and pretty low in sugar too!
HACK! Although I’m a huge fan of using the bowl and spoon method (mainly because the blender/food processor is just too much effort for me to plug in…), you can literally add all ingredients in a blender and whip it for 2 minutes, or until fully immersed and voila- All the hard work is done for you!
Make these healthy flourless white chocolate and cranberry muffins and let’s be real- When it comes to baked goods, sometimes the packaged stuff is our savior.
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour (gluten free oats ground into a flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (use stevia or a sugar free baking blend to keep sugar free)
- 1 T baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup dairy free milk
- 1 flax egg (can sub for 1 large egg if not vegan)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 T nut butter of choice, melted (I used smooth cashew butter)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (I used vegan chips, if gluten free- use the suggested trialled brand above)
- 2-3 T cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 10-12 muffin tins with patty pans and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk the milk, vanilla extract and egg/flax egg. Pour into the dry mixture. Add the melted nut butter and mix very well until a batter is formed. Stir through white chocolate chips and cranberries, reserving a few to add on top.
- Using a 1/4 cup, pour batter into the patty pans/muffin liners/muffin tin until almost full. Top with extra chips and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick or skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes, before removing and allowing to cool on a dry surface.
- Muffins are freezer friendly and can be kept at room temperature- Ensure they are covered in a container if so.
Have you ever made your own chocolate chips?
What’s the last kitchen disaster you’ve had?