This keto brownie cheesecake is a brownie layer topped with a thick and creamy cheesecake, you won’t believe it is low carb! No baking required, this is a simple dessert that is sure to impress! 2 grams net carbs per serving.
Keto Brownie Cheesecake
It’s no secret that when it comes to desserts, I don’t play favorites. You could serve me anything sweet and I’ll definitely give it a go, and 99% of the time, I’ll probably become a fan. The hard part about being an equal opportunist with desserts is that you can’t pick one to have, and want to literally have your cake and eat it too. That’s been my biggest issue with making desserts, too. Most of the time, I tend to pick one or another, like either a brownie or a cheesecake, but recently, I’ve started merging them together, like in this brownie cheesecake!
I’ve been meaning to share a keto brownie cheesecake recipe for quite some time. It combines two of my favorite desserts in one, and it’s perfect to bring to parties and events! Now, this may look incredibly fancy, but I promise you it is one of the easiest cheesecake hybrids you’d ever make.
No sugar and no grains are needed, but you’d never tell. The texture of the brownie bottom is fudgy and chewy, and the cheesecake filling is smooth and creamy. The brownie cheesecake is sweet and the right balance of chocolate, vanilla, and a subtle tang!
It was my friend’s birthday the other night and we served this cake and NO ONE believed me when I said that it was low carb- They thought it was loaded with sugar!
Ingredients to make a keto brownie cheesecake
For the brownie cheesecake
- Brownies– For the brownie layer. I made my keto brownies and simply baked them in a 9-inch springform cake pan.
- Heavy cream– Either standard heavy cream or heavy whipping cream.
- Cream cheese– Softened and at room temperature. Dairy free cream cheese can also be used.
- Granulated sweetener of choice– I used erythritol, but monk fruit sweetener can also be used.
- Powdered sweetener– Don’t waste your money buying packaged versions, you can easily make your own.
- Sour cream– Gives a slight tang to the cheesecake layer and extra creaminess. You can also use full fat Greek yogurt.
- Lemon juice– Just a pinch, to balance the sweetness of the other ingredients.
- Vanilla extract– A must for any good cheesecake!
For the ganache
- Sugar free chocolate– Any keto chocolate or sugar free chocolate chips.
- Heavy cream– Room temperature, so it won’t scorch the pan when it is warming up.
How do you make a low carb brownie cheesecake?
Start by preparing your brownie in a 9-inch springform cake pan and let it cool completely. Next, prepare the cheesecake layer. In a mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese with the sweetener, until it is combined and smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat together until no lumps remain and the mixture is creamy. Gently beat the whipped cream into the mixture until completely combined.
Now, transfer the cheesecake filling from the mixing bowl onto the brownie base and spread out evenly using a rubber spatula. Cover the cheesecake completely and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
Finally, prepare the ganache topping. In a small saucepan, add the heavy cream and on low heat, bring to a simmer. Once it is simmering, remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Let the chocolate sit for several minutes, before whisking into the warm cream until a thick and glossy chocolate ganache remains. Pour the ganache over the top of the set cheesecake and refrigerate once more, until it has set.
Tips to make the best brownie bottom cheesecake
- Use a springform cake pan for easy removal of the fully set dessert.
- Any brownie base can be used, including boxed mixes. Just be sure it is suitable for your dietary preferences.
- The ganache topping is completely optional, so feel free to omit it.
- You must refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 6 hours, or else there is the risk of the cheesecake layer separating.
Storing and freezing brownie cheesecake
- To store: This cheesecake should always be stored in the refrigerator, covered. It will keep fresh for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: Place leftover slices of the cheesecake in a shallow container and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More keto cheesecake recipes to try
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Keto Brownie Cheesecake recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
Keto Brownie Cheesecake
For the ganache topping
- 1 cup keto chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoon heavy cream
- Prepare the brownie as directed in a 9-inch springform cake pan as directed. Let cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form, then set aside. In a separate bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat together until no lumps remain. Gently and slowly beat the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until combined.
- Transfer the cheesecake mixture onto the cooled brownie base. Cover completely, and refrigerate overnight.
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate over low heat, until almost melted. Once almost melted, stir in the heavy cream. Stir until smooth and silky. Pour the ganache over the cheesecake and let it sit at room temperature until it has set.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.