This peanut butter cheesecake is an easy, no bake recipe made with simple ingredients! Smooth, rich, and creamy, learn how to make it keto friendly too!
Cheesecake should be its own food group.
There, I said it.
I know I shouldn’t play favorites, but they have to be my favorite dessert. You can enjoy it on its own or jazz it up with a plethora of flavors. As someone who loves peanut butter (hello, cookies and brownies!) I’m surprised it took me so long to create a peanut butter cheesecake!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- There is no baking required, so the hard part is waiting for it to set.
- Everything is made in one bowl, so clean up is virtually non-existent.
- There are plenty of options to make it keto friendly and lower carb (a perfect keto dessert recipe!).
- You can make it with or without a crust.
This dessert comes together easily and uses just a handful of ingredients. The peanut butter cheesecake filling is on another level and reminds me of a peanut butter mousse!
How to make a peanut butter cheesecake
Making this no bake peanut butter cheesecake is easy to make and uses simple ingredients. The only thing to remember is to allow sufficient time for the cheesecake to set before adding the frosting. Here is the basic idea of how to make this cheesecake (or see the recipe specifics below):
- Crust of choice. Easily make a homemade crust in chocolate or plain flavored.
- Cream cheese. Be sure that is at room temperature and full fat. Dairy free cream cheese can also be used.
- Powdered sugar OR substitute. Sweetens the peanut butter cream cheese filling, and also keeps the filling smooth, not gritty.
- Vanilla Extract. Gives a light vanilla touch!
- Peanut Butter. You must use smooth peanut butter. Use a sugar free peanut butter, and one with no added salt. The cream cheese already adds a slight tang.
- Heavy cream. Also known as double cream.
- Chocolate frosting. Optional, but I love adding a layer of a 2 ingredient chocolate frosting on top.
Start by preparing your crust and set aside.
Next, add your softened cream cheese and powdered sugar in a bowl and beat until combined. Add your vanilla extract and peanut butter, and beat into the mixture. Add your heavy cream and continue beating until completely combined and smooth.
Now, transfer your cheesecake filling over the pie crust and refrigerate overnight, or at least 6 hours.
Finally, once the cheesecake has set, spread the frosting over the top and let it sit for 30 minutes before serving.
Dietary and flavor variations
The beauty of this cheesecake is how easy it is to adapt for various diets and serving styles out there.
- Make it keto friendly. Most of the ingredients (including the crust) is keto friendly. Just be sure to use a keto powdered sugar instead of the traditional kind.
- Cut the dairy. Use dairy free versions of the cream cheese and heavy cream.
- Add a glaze. Swap out the frosting for a chocolate glaze.
- Make it crustless. Omit the crust all together and let the cheesecake set in for a further two hours.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Use a spring-form pan if you can- This makes the removal of the cheesecake so easy!
- Your peanut butter should be smooth and drippy in texture. If you use one that is a little firm, you can microwave it for 20-30 seconds, to get it moving. Unless you want a slightly salty flavor, be sure the peanut butter has no added salt.
- Either an 8-inch pan or 9-inch pan will work. If you’d prefer a thicker cheesecake, use an 8-inch pan.
Looking for the best way to store a peanut butter cheesecake? Here are the tried and tested tips for storage:
- To store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, in a sealable container, or in the pie dish, covered in plastic. It will keep fresh for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: Freeze leftover slices in a freezer friendly container, and keep in the freezer for up to 6 months. Thaw at room temperature, or in the refrigerator overnight.
More cheesecake recipes to try
- Cookies and cream cheesecake
- Coconut cheesecake
- Lemon cheesecake
- Blueberry cheesecake
- Chocolate cheesecake
Frequently Asked Questions
Swap out the peanut butter for almond butter, cashew butter, or pecan butter. You can make this nut-free by using tahini.
Do not freeze the cheesecake during the firming process because it can actually create a freezer burn on top and yield an unset cheesecake at the base.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake (No bake!)
- Prepare your pie crust and press into 8 or 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together your cream cheese with the powdered sugar until combined. Add your vanilla extract and peanut butter and continue beating, until smooth. Slowly add your heavy cream and beat until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Transfer your cheesecake filling onto the prepared pie crust and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Once the peanut butter cheesecake has set, prepare your ganache by heating up your coconut cream (in the microwave or stovetop). Once warm, add your chocolate chips and let sit for 1-2 minutes, before whisking together until combined. Pour the ganache over the top of the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.