This keto lemon cheesecake is a delicious low carb dessert that requires no baking! Made with just 6 ingredients, this impressive looking dessert is SO easy to make! 2 grams net carbs per slice.
Keto Lemon Cheesecake
One of my pet peeves is when people claim non-seasonal fruits as seasonal. It perplexes me when year-round fruit like lemons are only in the spotlight during summer, and come the cooler months, they are ‘apparently’ non existed. Well, I am here to tell you that lemons ARE available year-round (well at least in my part of the world!) and I WILL share lemon recipes in the cooler months…like now! I’ve been on a no bake dessert kick for a while, alternating between cookies and brownies. Recently, I’ve loved making no bake cheesecakes, especially with a plethora of parties and events coming up!
This lemon cheesecake is my current favorite, and I’ve made it no less than 6 times. It’s partly due to the abundance of lemons I’ve found myself with, but also due to how GOOD the lemon flavor is in a cheesecake. Now, this cheesecake may look incredibly fancy, but I promise you it is SO simple to make and uses less than 6 ingredients!
No eggs, no baking, and no sugar needed, but you’d never tell. The texture of the cheesecake is smooth, rich, and creamy, and topped with thick lemon curd. It’s sweet, slightly tart, and with notes of citrus, without being overpowering!
I served this at a party the other week and firstly, everyone LOVED the fact that there was some lemon amongst all the pumpkin desserts and secondly, NO ONE believed me when I said it was low carb and sugar free– it tasted like any authentic cheesecake!
Ingredients to make a keto cheesecake with lemon
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this keto lemon cheesecake. Any pie crust can be used, but I’ve included an option for a homemade cookie crust. Please avoid substituting any of them unless otherwise stated.
- Pie crust– Any 9-inch pie crust can be used. Like all my no bake cheesecake recipes, I used a homemade keto graham cracker crust. I’ve included the ingredients and instructions further down.
- Cream cheese– Softened cream cheese, from a block and not from a tub (spreadable cream cheese). You can also use dairy free cream cheese.
- Sugar free powdered sugar– Also known as confectioners sugar. Use homemade keto powdered sugar or store bought.
- Heavy cream– Gives the cheesecake extra creaminess, and balances out the tartness of the cream cheese.
- Lemon juice– Fresh or bottled can be used.
- Yellow food coloring– Optional, but gives the cheesecake the glorious yellow hue.
- Lemon curd- Optional, but gives an extra layer of sweet lemon on top. I used the lemon filling from my keto lemon bars.
How do you make a keto lemon cheesecake?
Start by preparing your crust and refrigerating it until the filling is made. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese and the keto powdered sugar, until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat together until smooth and thick. Transfer into the prepared pie crust and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
Once the cheesecake has set, spread with a lemon spread if desired. Slice and serve.
Keto pie crust ideas
Like my blueberry cheesecake, I made a single cookie crust that is similar to a graham cracker crust, only low carb! What I love about this crust is that it requires no baking and takes 2 minutes to make. You can use any crushed up keto cookies, and my favorites to use are either peanut butter cookies or shortbread cookies.
To make: 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs, 1/3 cup granulated sweetener, 5 tablespoons butter.
Mix all your ingredients together until combined. Transfer into a 9-inch pie or tart tin and refrigerate for an hour, or until you pour the cheesecake filling in.
Tips to make the best no bake lemon cheesecake
- You must refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 6 hours, or preferably overnight. This not only thickens the cheesecake filling beautifully, but allows the lemon flavor to seep throughout the mixture.
- Please ensure all your ingredients are close to room temperature, to make mixing the filling easier and void of any clumps.
- For an even more pronounced lemon flavor, feel free to add some lemon zest to the filling.
- Serve lemon cheesecake with a scoop of coconut ice cream or vanilla ice cream, for the ultimate dessert.
Can I make this without dairy?
I tried this recipe using dairy free cream cheese, which worked out beautifully. I also tried two different kinds of plant based heavy creams, and had mixed results.
The Elmea brand of plant based double cream worked very well, and I can vouch for that. Alternatively, you can make this cheesecake and add lemon extract to it.
Can I make these as lemon cheesecake bars?
If you’d like to make keto lemon cheesecake bars, simply prepare the crust in a square pan (8 x 8-inch), covered completely with parchment paper.
Let the mixture set overnight, before carefully slicing into bars.
Are lemons keto?
Lemons are one of the approved fruits for a keto diet. They have very low net carbs and in most recipes, only a small amount is used.
Per 1 cup lemon juice (100 grams), there are a mere 22 calories and 3 grams net carbs.
How do you store a lemon cheesecake?
- To store: Cheesecake softens when left at room temperature. As such, you must keep the cheesecake stored in the refrigerator, covered. It will remain fresh for up to 2 weeks. If you do prefer a creamier cheesecake, let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, before enjoying it.
- To freeze: Place lemon cheesecake slices in a shallow container and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More keto cheesecakes to try
- Chocolate Cheesecake
- No Bake Cheesecake
- Blueberry Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Keto Lemon Cheesecake
- Prepare your cheesecake crust and refrigerate until ready to fill.
- In a mixing bowl with a beater attached, add your softened cream cheese and powdered sugar, and beat until smooth. Add the double cream, lemon juice, and yellow food coloring and beat until smooth and thick.
- Transfer the mixture onto the prepared pie crust. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator and if desired, top with a thick layer of lemon curd.