This creamy keto chocolate cheesecake is smooth, creamy, and made with just 5 ingredients! Perfect with or without a crust, this keto chocolate cheesecake recipe is dairy free and sugar free- You won’t stop at one slice! 1 gram net carb.
Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
We love our keto no bake dessert recipes. Our favorites include no bake cheesecake and raw fudgy brownies. When it’s too hot to cook and I NEED a chocolate fix, I turn to this chocolate keto cheesecake.
There is seriously nothing better than a rich and creamy chocolate cheesecake. It’s like a thicker version of a chocolate mousse pie, which is one of my favorite recipes ever.
Giving a keto and low carb spin on the cheesecake is so much easier than you think! 5 ingredients, no baking, and with an optional crust.
Other keto cheesecake recipes call for cocoa powder, but here, we’ll be using real chocolate instead. I promise you, it takes the taste and texture to another level!
If you are looking for the ultimate no bake dessert recipe, this one ticks the bill.
How to make a keto chocolate cheesecake
This easy low carb chocolate cheesecake is similar to my no bake keto cheesecake but without no cashews or nuts. If you prefer a smoother and silkier cheesecake texture, keep the low carb cheesecake refrigerated. For a thicker texture, you can keep it frozen and let it thaw 10 minutes before serving!
- Chocolate– Using either sugar free chocolate chips or a chopped chocolate bar works. I used an unsweetened chocolate bar,
- Cream cheese– Either dairy free or traditional cream cheese works. Be sure to use a good quality brand, as some of the cheaper brands contain excess water.
- Powdered sugar– Sugar free powdered sugar. If you don’t have any on hand, easily make your own by blending erythritol or monk fruit sweetener, until a powder-like consistency.
- Heavy Cream– Gives the cheesecake a thicker, richer flavor. See my tips below for dairy-free and vegan subs!
- Vanilla Extract– A MUST to giving this low carb chocolate cheesecake that extra flavor!
Start by preparing your crust, if you choose to use one. If keeping this crustless, simply lightly grease an 8-inch springform pan or glass pan with cooking spray. Melt your chocolate, until smooth and silky, and set it aside. Beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract, until smooth. Add the melted chocolate and continue beating, until completely incorporated. Use a separate bowl to whip the heavy cream, until medium peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Transfer the mixture into the greased pan or prepared cheesecake crust. Refrigerate until it has firmed up. If desired, add an extra chocolate ganache topping.
Heavy Cream Alternatives
This recipe is naturally paleo, gluten free, soy free and sugar free, but you might like a dairy free and vegan alternative to heavy cream.
The best alternative would canned coconut cream. I’ve used this as a heavy cream substitute for chocolate ganache and would be your best bet in this recipe.
If you try this alternative to heavy cream, be sure your coconut cream is full fat and chilled.
Chocolate Crust Options
Use any store-bought crust or keep it crustless. I used a simple keto crust.
To make a homemade low carb chocolate crust: Blend 2 cups almonds, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons keto maple syrup, 1 tablespoon sweetener and a pinch of salt. Once fully incorporated and thick, transfer to the 8-inch pan and press firmly into place.
Do this before you make the chocolate cheesecake.
Low Carb Chocolate Cheesecake Tips
- Be sure to use a good quality cream cheese or dairy free cream cheese. Cheaper brands often bulk up the content with water, which can affect the texture of the keto no bake chocolate cheesecake.
- If using a chocolate bar, be sure to chop it up before melting.
- The chocolate ganache topping is optional. If you choose to use a ganache, place the no bake keto chocolate cheesecake mixture into the freezer to firm up while preparing it. If you omit the frosting, simply let the cheesecake set in the refrigerator.
- When whipping the heavy cream, only whip it medium peaks, not stiff peaks. Medium peaks are smoother and easier to combine with the chocolate mixture.
- You must use chocolate chips or chocolate. There are some keto chocolate cheesecake recipes with cocoa powder, but to achieve this texture, it will not work.
- To store: You can store the chocolate cheesecake in the refrigerator. Keep it completely covered, and it will remain fresh for up to 7 days.
- To freeze: Keto chocolate cheesecake is freezer friendly and can be stored in the freezer at all times (this is great if you prefer a thicker cheesecake!). Ensure the cheesecake is covered and in a freezer friendly container. It will keep fresh for at least 6 months.
- Vegan Keto Chocolate Cheesecake- Use dairy free cream cheese and try one of the heavy cream substitutes.
- Espresso Cheesecake– Add a teaspoon of espresso powder to the cheesecake mixture
- Raspberry Cheesecake– Drizzle the cheesecake with a simple raspberry sauce, made with raspberries and a dash of keto maple syrup.
- No Carb Chocolate Cheesecake– It is VERY difficult to make a carb free chocolate cheesecake, but reduce the net carbs even further by using unsweetened bakers chocolate instead of sugar free chocolate chips.
More easy keto dessert recipes
Keto Chocolate Cheesecake
- Use an 8-inch store-bought crust or prepare a homemade crust. Alternatively, keep this crustless. Grease an 8-inch circular pan lightly, and set aside.
- In a small saucepan or microwave safe bowl, melt your dark chocolate and set aside.
- Beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract, until smooth. Add the melted chocolate and continue beating, until fully combined and silky smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip together the heavy cream until medium peaks form. Slowly fold it into the cheesecake mixture.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the crust or greased pan. Once filled, place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, to firm up. If desired, top with ganache or frosting.