5 Minute chocolate coconut crunch bars are so quick, easy and healthy to make, they are the ultimate paleo vegan snack or dessert to enjoy anytime! An easy keto and low carb no bake recipe using shredded coconut and sugar free chocolate! Ketogenic, gluten free, grain free, sugar free.
HOMEMADE PALEO VEGAN CHOCOLATE COCONUT BARS
You guys wanted healthy recipes using shredded coconut so I’m here to deliver, with this recipe for healthy chocolate coconut bars!
Unsweetened shredded coconut, chocolate, peanut butter, coconut oil and pure maple syrup is all you’ll need to enjoy this low carb chocolate recipe!
While it is technically considered to be a healthy keto friendly dessert, I would be one to advocate it being considered an everyday snack as well.
Whenever I have a gathering, event, party or a pot-luck to attend, homemade crunch bars have become my standard recipe. Initially, I would use my paleo chocolate coconut bars recipe, but these have taken first place- There is just something about the combination of chocolate, coconut and some added crunch which takes it up a notch!
Recently, I shared a keto crunch bar recipe, but this one is a little bit different. Instead of loading up on nuts, we are focusing on unsweetened shredded coconut, along with some seeds for the crunch factor.
ALTERNATIVES TO SHREDDED COCONUT
- Crunchy cereal ideas- Rice crispy cereal, Chex cereal or gluten-free cereal.
- Grains- Rolled oats and quinoa flakes can add a delicious chewy texture.
- Nuts and seeds- Healthy fats for satiety and added crunch
- Unsweetened dried fruit- To amp up the sweetness, or add a mix of sweet and tart
- Combination- Use a combination of all of the above
PEANUT-FREE SPREADS AND NUT-BUTTERS
Peanut butter is considered low carb, vegan and ketogenic friendly. However, it isn’t paleo. For those following a strict paleo or peanut-free diet, the options below are all fantastic alternatives.
- Peanut-Free Nut Butters- I prefer using almond butter or cashew butter, as they are both mild in flavor and mix very well.
- Nut-Free Spreads- Sunflower seed butter, wow butter and tahini can all be used. Be wary that tahini can be slightly bitter and be overpowering in taste.
THE BEST HEALTHY CHOCOLATE CHIPS
More and more store-bought chocolate chips are diet friendly, and I’m happy to say I’ve tried out a bunch of them. As such, here are your best dietary friendly chocolate chips to use-
- Keto, low carb, and sugar free chocolate chips- These chocolate chips are stevia sweetened and suitable for a ketogenic diet. They melt beautifully and do not have a bitter aftertaste.
- Paleo, vegan and dairy free chocolate chips- Mini chips, baking morsels, and chunks.
For a quick and easy snack or dessert, these homemade chocolate coconut crunch bars need to happen. Not only are they seriously addictive and better than store-bought candy bars, they satisfy the sweet tooth, guilt-free!
More delicious healthy ketogenic vegan recipes? Gotcha covered!
- No Bake Lemon Coconut Crack Bars
- Flourless Keto Chocolate Cookies
- Thick Fluffy Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- No Bake Coconut Bites
- 3 Ingredient Flourless Cookies
SHARE YOUR RE-CREATION AND TAG #THEBIGMANSWORLD AND FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM. YOU CAN ALSO SHARE A PHOTO OF YOUR RECIPE ON THEBIGMANSWORLD FACEBOOK PAGE!
Paleo Vegan Chocolate Coconut Crunch Bars (Keto, Low Carb)
- Line an 8 x 8-inch tray or pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, combine your chocolate chips of choice, peanut butter (or nut/seed butter of choice), sticky sweetener and coconut oil. Melt until combined.
- Add your shredded unsweetened coconut and nuts/seeds and mix until fully combined. Pour your mixture into the lined pan and spread out evenly, using a spatula. Refrigerate until firm.
© thebigmansworld.com ® All content, recipes, and images are legally protected by copywrite. Please do not use my images or recipes without permission. Please contact Arman if you need further clarification.
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld