These homemade butterfinger bites need just three ingredients to make and taste like the popular candy bar, except in bite-sized pieces!
Butterfinger is one of the most popular candies. It features a crisp peanut butter bar covered in chocolate.
Inspired by the candy of the same name, these 3-ingredient Butterfinger balls feature creamy and decadent bites that are quick to make and are perfect for any party or gathering.
Why you’ll love these butterfinger bites
- Only 3 ingredients. These Butterfinger balls help achieve the rich peanut butter flavor of the famous chocolate bar with just a few ingredients.
- No-bake bites. You don’t need to use the oven for this recipe. Just whip up the peanut butter mixture, form the balls, and refrigerate them for half an hour.
- Perfect for any occasion. These Butterfinger balls can be decorated to fit any occasion, including Christmas, Halloween, and any themed party.
If you are hunting for a no-bake treat that’s easy to make and doesn’t require much effort, then these Butterfinger balls are what you should make next.
You need three simple ingredients to make Butterfinger balls. Here’s what you’ll need.
- Cornflake cereal. To add crunch and some sweetness to the peanut butter mixture.
- Peanut butter. Creamy peanut butter, not the crunchy kind.
- Vanilla frosting. You can use store-bought vanilla frosting or make it yourself. The frosting should be at room temperature when you start making the bites.
- Sprinkles (optional). To coat the Butterfinger balls and make them look more festive.
How to make Butterfinger bites
- Crush the cornflakes. You can use a blender, food processor, or a bag and a rolling pin to crush them into a fine powder. Make sure to leave some larger bits for texture.
- Make the bite mixture. In a large mixing bowl, stir the vanilla frosting with the crushed cornflake cereal and mix well. Melt the peanut butter in 20 second intervals until melted. Add it to the vanilla frosting and cereal mixture.
- Roll into balls. Using your hands, shape the mixture into bite-sized pieces. Put the peanut butter balls on a prepared baking sheet and refrigerate them for around 30 minutes.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Coat with cocoa. If you don’t have sprinkles at home or want to avoid using excess sugar, roll the Butterfinger balls in unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Cover in chocolate. If you have extra time, melt some dark or milk chocolate chips. Cover the Butterfinger balls in melted chocolate after refrigerating them for 30 minutes. Allow the chocolate to set before you serve the peanut butter balls.
- Use chunky peanut butter. While the cornflake cereal does add some crunch to these Butterfinger balls, using crunchy peanut butter is another way to add texture to these bites.
- Make it vegan. Use vegan frosting to make these dairy free.
To store: It is best to keep these Butterfinger balls refrigerated. Store them in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
To freeze: You can also freeze these Butterfinger balls for up to 2 months.
Recommended tools to make this recipe
- Baking sheet. To let the bites set on.
- Spatula. To mix everything together.
- Food processor. To break down the cereal pieces.
Frequently asked questions
These Butterfinger balls are gluten-free. Make sure you check the ingredient lists of the vanilla frosting, cornflake cereal, and peanut butter to make sure they don’t have any gluten-containing ingredients.
Real Butterfinger bars are not made with candy corn. But some copycat Butterfinger recipes do use candy corn to achieve a similar flavor and texture.
- Line a large plate with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the crushed cornflakes and frosting and mix well. Add the melted peanut butter and mix until fully incorporated. If mixture is too crumbly, continue adding more peanut butter until a very thick batter is formed. If the mixture is too moist, add more breadcrumbs until a thick batter is formed.
- Roll into bite-sized balls and roll into sprinkles or cocoa if desired. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up and enjoy!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.