Cookie dough bites are balls of cookie dough that require no baking! Made with no raw eggs and no raw flour, these cookie dough balls are secretly healthy!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
There’s something special about cookie dough bites. They are bite sized balls that are perfect to enjoy when the sweet tooth strikes. As I’ve been working out more and more, I wanted to make something quick and easy to snack on between meals, or before a heavy workout.
These cookie dough protein balls are the answer, as they are secretly healthy!
Taste wise, they are sweet and with bites of chocolate. Texture wise, they are soft, chewy and slightly doughy!
How to make cookie dough bites
- Almond flour- I used blanched almond flour. Regular almond flour can be used, but it will be darker in color.
- Keto Maple Syrup- Zero carbs and zero sugar liquid sweetener, keto maple syrup provides sweetness and helps hold the balls together.
- Coconut Oil– Coconut oil helps hold the cookie dough bites together.
- Chocolate Chips of choice– Use either stevia-sweetened chocolate chips or a zero sugar chocolate bar, chopped into pieces. You can also add some homemade keto chocolate.
- Salt– Add a pinch of salt to bring out the true cookie dough flavor.
- Step 1- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, heat up your coconut oil with your keto maple syrup until warm. Whisk together until combined.
- Step 2- Transfer the mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add your almond flour and salt and mix well, until a thick, crumbly texture remains. Fold through your chocolate chips.
- Step 3- Using a cookie scoop or your hands, form 20-30 small balls of cookie dough and place on a large plate, covered in parchment paper. Refrigerate until firm.
Tips and Tricks
- If your batter is too thin, add some extra almond flour to thicken. If the batter is too crumbly and difficult to form into balls, add a dash of coconut or almond milk to it.
- To form uniform balls, lightly wet your hands and form into balls yourself.
- Reserve a handful of chocolate chips to roll the balls in, to ensure each one is full of chocolate chips.
- For pure edible cookie dough, you may prefer vegan cookie dough or keto cookie dough.
- If you don’t follow a keto or sugar free diet, you can replace the keto syrup with either maple syrup, honey or agave nectar.
Storing and Freezing Cookie Dough Balls
- To store: These can be stored at room temperature, in a sealed container, for up to 5 days. The cookie dough balls are best stored in the fridge, as they will remain thick, chewy and fudgy. They will keep fresh for up to 2 months.
- To freeze:Place the cookie dough bites in a ziplock bag or in a shallow container. Frozen cookie dough bites will keep for up to 6 months.
TIP: To enjoy cookie dough bites from the freezer, allow thawing at room temperature.
More healthy no-bake desserts
No Bake Cookie Dough Bites
- Line a plate with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, add your coconut oil with maple syrup and heat until melted. Whisk together until combined.
- Add your almond flour and salt and mix very well, until a thick, crumbly texture remains. If the batter is too thin, add a little extra almond flour. Fold your chocolate chips.
- Using your hands or a cookie scoop, form 20-30 balls of cookie dough. Place each ball on the lined plate and refrigerate until firm.