Happy Friday! Please tell me you all have big plans for this weekend- actually for the next 2 weekends….I’m in my final stretch with exams starting on the 4th of November so weekends will be study filled and I NEED to live vicariously through all of you! Friday means another round of randomness and whats coming off the cuff.
Just a heads up- The Wonderful Pistachio Giveaway ends this Sunday- you still have three days to enter!
If your a regular blog reader, you’d be more than aware of my love of vegemite. I eat it on a tortilla pizza, make it into muffins and even have added it to oat bran for a savoury twist. You’d also know that I am a big fan of cheese- I have some variety in my omelettes, chucked in a sandwich or on a homemade pizza. Something amazing has happened. Kraft singles brought out VEGEMITE CHEESE. Its for a limited time only. I will be hoarding
thirty packet a few.
I am a big fan of cereal, so was stoked to have the opportunity to review Mixmymuesli– a custom made cereal company here in Australia. You even get to name it- I was tempted to call it Twerkmagic but refrained from it…Thebigmansworld Mix it is.
My friend sent me this gem the other day. So much for finding pride in your country….
Many of you are fans of overnight oats and I’m with you on that- However I’ve found my favourite way of eating them- I’ve been into pre cooking the oats first, refrigerating it overnight in the saucepan with the yogurt, then stiring protein powder and toppings in the morning. It goes from this…
…To this in the morning!
I complained on Wednesday about how the library was packed, seeing as exams are in the next several weeks. I thought maybe studying at mum’s house would be beneficial. I went home and saw my sister making good use of her birthday present. I hightailed it to the library and decided to put up with the noise. Keeping up with the Kardashians? More like Keeping up with Krap.
Easy Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cookies (Single Serving)
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour (gluten free oats ground up)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (can sub for any mashed starch)
- 2 T peanut flour (can sub with standard peanut butter or extra oat flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 T honey (for vegan version, use agave/maple)
- 1 Egg (for vegan version, use 1 flax egg)
- 2 T peanut butter chips or chocolate chips (I used Hersheys peanut butter chips)
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius and line an oven proof tray with baking paper
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the oat flour, peanut flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the honey, egg and pureed pumpkin until well combined.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture and combine until fully incorporated.
- Divide the batter onto the oven proof tray into 12 cookies. Divide the peanut butter/chocolate chips on top of each cookie then place in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the exterior are slightly firm.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days, or frozen for later consumption.
- To make pumpkin puree, either roast or steam the pumpkin without any seasonings/herbs/spices. Once cooled, I used my stick blender to make it into a puree.
Have you made pureed pumpkin or kabocha before as opposed to the can? Its time consuming but with the truckload of kabocha I made, it was a wise decision to free up some space!
Are you surprised at what your country leads the world in?
Have you eaten cooked oats mixed with yogurt before?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld