A healthy, filling and delicious breakfast option which is gluten free, refined sugar free and high protein and tastes exactly like pudding! Healthy white chocolate and macadamia nut cookie inspired!
Healthy White Chocolate and Macadamia Oatmeal Pudding
I have weird quirks. I admit it. One in particular, is my preferred method of eating oatmeal.
Oatmeal (or porridge, as it is often referred to in Australia) is the ultimate comfort breakfast known to human kind. There is nothing more satisfying than digging into a big bowl of steaming hot oats topped with literally any mix ins possible. Some of my favourite kinds of oatmeal include a sweet and salty chocolate peanut butter oatmeal (with hidden veggies!), a blended tofu oat bran, chocolate protein oatmeal and even savoury oatbran with a hit of vegemite.
However, the way I eat oatmeal is a taste sensation like no other- I always prep the oatmeal the night before and eat it cold. Not overnight oatmeal style (there is no added yogurt in this), but eaten as it is. The texture resembles a pudding and that, my friends, epitomizes eating dessert for breakfast. Healthy style.
Long term readers know I’m a fan on converting desserts to breakfasts foods. I made Anzac biscuits into pancakes and then also turned the infamous lamington into these breakfast classics too. My new victim? My all time favourite cookie in oatmeal form.
The amount of money I spent on Subway white chocolate and macadamia cookies would probably buy me a Vitamix had I saved all those dollars. However, those cookies were so damn worth it. I also probably just committed a foodie sin just then. C’est la vie. I’m not one to falsely advertise my recipes as tasting or emulating something they are not.
This, however, is like eating my all time favourite cookie…..in oatmeal pudding form. Before you ask, of course this can be eaten warm but please- remove the pudding from its title if you do. Oh snap.
Dig in…and know your eating something filling, healthy but most importantly- damn delicious.
White chocolate and macadamia oatmeal pudding
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (use GF oats for gluten free option)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup dairy free milk of choice
- 1 scoop of white chocolate or vanilla protein powder (optional)*
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 2-3 T dairy free white chocolate chips, divided
- 2-3 T chopped macadamia nuts, divided
- Sea salt
- Combine raw oats with salt and milk and either cook over the stovetop or in a microwave until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the protein powder, vanilla extract, half a serving of the white chocolate chips and half a serving of the chopped macadamia nuts. The white chocolate chips should melt. Once this is completed, refrigerate uncovered.
- The next morning, stir around the oatmeal- it should be a pudding like consistency. Top with the remaining white chocolate chips and chopped macadamias and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Dig in!
- The protein powder is optional- If you do not have either of those flavours or not a fan of using protein powder, adjust the amount of chocolate chips to the higher end or to desired sweetness.
Enjoy your weekend, guys! Hope to see you swing by for some Spilling Action!
Do me a favour and before you go to bed prep a batch of these….you won’t regret it!
Have you ever had cookies from Subway before?
What kind of texture do you prefer for oatmeal?
What is your ideal oatmeal mix in?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld