Cayenne Spiked Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
Last week I randomly bought a loaf of Artisan sourdough bread.
Hear me out. I didn’t buy it for any reason- I bought it purely as a vehicle for pesto. After making this pesto recipe, I’ve been keen to try a variation of one involving one of my all time favourite antipasto- sun dried tomatoes.
Confession- I add red pepper flakes or cayenne to everything.
Luckily, this pesto recipe didn’t need any salt thanks to the sun dried tomatoes and parmesan cheese. Cayenne, however, it did. Thanks to the Spectablend, a simple ‘throw everything in’ and blend was all that was needed- and some good quality olive oil. I swear the type of olive oil you use can make or break a meal…or pesto.
Speaking of Olive Oil, I hope any of you guys who will eventually have kids name your daughter Olive Oil. Thank you Popeye for making it a possibility to be acceptable.
[Cayenne Spiked] Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- Cayenne Spiked Sun Dried Tomato Pesto2014-08-30 03:41:19Jazz up the classic pesto with sun dried tomatoes and cayenne pepper for some zing!Write a reviewIngredients
- 100 grams/4 ounces fresh basil
- 2/3 cup mild nut of choice (almonds or cashews- I used almonds)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, firmly packed
- 3 T+ olive oil (depending on consistency of tomatoes)
- 3 T strong parmesan cheese
- 1 T cayenne pepper/red pepper flakes
- Good quality bread/crackers to serve
- In a blender/food processor, fresh basil, nuts of choice and garlic clove until completely blintzed.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes, parmesan cheese and olive oil and blend well. If too thick, continue adding olive oil, 1 tablespoon at a time. Once well blended, add the cayenne pepper and blend once more.
- Remove from blender/food processor and stir to ensure the oil is well mixed. Serve on top of bread, crackers of mixed through pasta.
The Big Man's World http://thebigmansworld.com/
- Pesto can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 weeks. Ensure to give it a good stir before consuming
Hope to see you guys for Spill it, Sundays- Flashback edition #1– Don’t forget to link up recipes or posts you’d like to be pinned!
Do you have a spice which you add to most of your meals?
Are you a fan of antipasto (olives, sundried tomatoes, marinated artichokes etc)?
What is your perfect vehicle for pesto?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld