These Healthy Brown Rice Pizza muffins are the perfect portable meal or snack! High in protein, gluten free and flourless, they have the taste of pizza with brown rice being the perfect base! All you’ll need is one bowl and 20 minutes!
Jenn, don’t ask but muffins or rice?
Meg, do you like brown rice?
“They are carbs. Duh! I prefer them over white rice”
So I think I’ve made it a personal goal to create a special recipe for my blogging friends when it’s their birthdays. Some of my personal favourite recipes were created from it like these Single Serve gluten free breakfast cookies and these single serve Banana Smoothie Breakfast bites. Last year, I even pretended to be Meg. By pretending to be Meg, I mean I ate potatoes and cheese with every meal and threw copious amounts of vegetables in there too.
Before you think I’m a cop out collaborating two of my favourite people in one recipe, think again. I had two recipe ideas which suited them both so they get two recipes dedicated to them. So there.
I’ve mentioned on here before but Meg and Jenn are two people who share my love for cheese, eating dessert for breakfast and having a balanced view of food. They are two of the most down to earth, genuine and sassy people I’ve ever met. I may need to reconsider this statement after I gate crash Jenn this year. Meg I already give her the a-ok after we met up last year.
This recipe however is not a surprise to either of them because I complained incessantly to them both about how terrible they are to photograph. TERRIBLE. It almost put me off eating olives forever, but the salad mum served with dinner on Sunday night had a Spanish stuffed version in them so that was no longer possible. Anyway, after some sage advice from Jenn to add some greenery, I feel less embarrassed for share it here today!
Now for this recipe. When I think of Jenn, I think of pizza, cheese and greens. When I think of Meg, I think of pizza, cheese and greens…and now brown rice- Hence the birth of these Healthy Brown Rice Pizza Muffins. One bowl is all you’ll need in your prep to whip these up and they are perfectly customisable to suit your tastebuds! The combination of cheese, eggs and brown rice means you need to flours or grains to hold them in place.
Gluten free and high protein, they make the perfect grab and go breakfast, lunch, dinner or even snack between meals! Confession- They taste amazing at room temperature and cold (and are pictured as such) but when heated, the cheese gets melty and…okay I’ll stop now. Either way, it’s delicious.
Make these Healthy Brown Rice Pizza Muffins in honour of Meg and Jenn…or just for food prep.
- 1 packet of microwave brown rice, cooked (250 gram packet)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (can use light for lower fat option)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (can use light for lower fat option)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (can use light for lower fat option)
- 3/4 cup antipasto mix ins of choice (I used sun dried tomatoes, sun dried black olives and diced Spanish Olives)
- 1/4 cup fresh vegetables of choice (I used diced onions)
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 large eggs (can sub for 5 egg whites)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and spray a 12 tray muffin tin generously with oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked brown rice with the cheeses, antipasto vegetables, fresh vegetables, basil and red pepper flakes. Mix well until fully combined.
- In a small bowl, add the 3 eggs and whisk lightly. add to the brown rice and cheese mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cases/muffin tin and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese on top has melted and is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving or allowing to cool completely.
- These muffins are perfect for grab and go meals and freeze really well. They can be frozen for up to 2 months.
Want some other savoury breakfast ideas? Try these out!
Gluten Free Cheddar and Garlic Waffles (Gluten Free, Grain Free, High Protein)
Sweet Potato and Cheddar Pancakes (Gluten Free, High Protein)
Healthy Four Cheese Thin Crust Pizza Pancakes (Gluten Free, High Protein)
What food do you think is associated with you?
Muffins or rice?
Why is the most delicious foods so ugly to photograph?Keep in touch with me:
Twitter -> @thebigmansworld
Instagram – > thebigmansworld
Facebook – > thebigmansworld
Pinterest -> thebigmansworld
Bloglovin’ -> thebigmansworld