Healthy no bake peanut butter and strawberry bars which are delicious and perfect for a snack or treat anytime! Made without flour, oil, butter or excess sugar, they are also gluten free, dairy free and have a vegan option too!
Confession- I’m going berry crazy and I don’ t mind one bit.
Just kidding, I will mind when August comes around and their prices elevate, but until then- I’m going to dance around the berries, eat all the berries and be thankful that Agustus Gloop only likes chocolate.
So what is in store? Recipes with berries of course!
I’ve been a long time fan of Udi’s Gluten Free products for a few years now, ever since I studied abroad back in 2010. I’d come across it by accident- I wanted a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread and the packaging enticed me (marketer’s dream right here). Ever since then, I’d always have a loaf of their cinnamon bread in my freezer and their granola in my clothing closet. Yes, clothing closet. When your living on campus and have zero room whatsoever, you make priorities.
This was a priority.
What distinguished Udi’s from many of the other bread like and snack products was their nutritionally dense ingredients, variety (cookies, cakes and breads) and most importantly- Being suitable for those with Celiacs or follow a gluten free lifestyle. They reaffirmed to me the proof that gluten free products CAN taste better than their non gluten free counterparts- Especially their cinnamon raisin bread (which is the ONLY bread I omit butter from by choice- It is that good).
When back in Australia, I never had the luxury of having their bread, muffin or pizza products on hand but I was able to have my favourite (besides their granola)- Their coconut peanut butter cookies. These are the very same cookies I used in my healthy no bake triple peanut butter bars when I’ve had the luxury of having some on hand. As always, I’d resort to my standby 3 ingredient grain free cookies in other instances. Because it’s Summer here and berries are abundant and (excluding those with allergies) most of us consider peanut butter it’s own food group- I had to give a seasonal twist and share with you today these Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter and Strawberry Bars!
These healthy no bake peanut butter and strawberry bars are the perfect treat to have after dinner or even a snack between meals. They have a swirl of homemade strawberry jelly in the base with some freeze dried strawberries which reminds me of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in bar form. The soft, chewy base is similar to fudge and are best when kept refrigerated. While these gluten free bars are delicious as they are, it goes up a notch with the peanut butter frosting. Vegan friends, I used this recipe before but for those whom aren’t fussed- You can take the cheats way and simply melt peanut butter chips.
Make these Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter and Strawberry bars and hightail it to your closest supermarket to grab a loaf of Udi’s cinnamon raisin bread.
Excuse me as I go grab a slice myself.
- 1 cup Udi's Peanut Butter and Coconut cookies, crushed (Can sub for Udi's snickerdoodles or my crispy flourless peanut butter cookies)
- 1/4 cup gluten free crispy rice cereal, crushed
- 3/4 cup gluten free oat bran
- 2 T+ freeze dried unsweetened strawberries
- 1 cup peanut butter, melted
- 2 T strawberry jam
- 1 T- 1/4 cup dairy free milk of choice (I used Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla)*
- Peanut Butter Frosting (optional)
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper sprayed with cooking spray/oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the crushed cookies, crispy rice cereal, oat bran and freeze dried strawberries.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the peanut butter and add the strawberry jam to it. Mix very well. Pour into the dry mixture and mix until fully incorporated. If mixture is too crumbly, add the dairy free milk 1 tablespoon at a time until the bar batter is thick.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking tray and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm.
- Top with optional peanut butter frosting (either vegan version or simply melted peanut butter chips) and cut into bars.
- * Play by ear- Adjust accordingly
- These bars are best kept in the fridge. They can be left at room temperature but are quite crumbly.
No Bake SunButter Fudge (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free)
No Bake Chocolate Coconut Rice Crispy Bites (Vegan, Gluten Free)
The Original No Bake Triple Peanut Butter Bars (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Learn more about living gluten free! Visit http://udisglutenfree.com/community
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Udi’s Gluten Free. The opinions and text are all mine.
What is one Summer fruit you go gaga over?
Did you ever watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? Best. Movie. Ever.
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld