Just three easy ingredients are needed to make these delicious, customisable oatmeal bars! Tested out using various sticky sweeteners, these bars take less than five minutes to whip up and are gluten free, vegan and allergen friendly- The perfect lunch box snack or anytime healthy treat!
Happy Wednesday friends!
Today is my first post as part of my collaboration with Kohl’s that I introduced to you guys in this post. In that post, I discussed how I’d be sharing easy, quick and delicious recipes which could be perfect for lunch boxes or snacks to have on hand and I’ve got a super simple, delicious one to share with you today!
When I was a kid in primary and high school, food allergies were prevalent. However, when it came to food related allergies, there wasn’t very much in place. If I remember correctly, there were a few peanut allergies, one or two allergic to dairy and someone allergic to me.
Yes, Niki claimed to be allergic to me.
Luckily for her, the only way to prevent her experiencing any form of turmoil was to keep quiet and eat pie. Minus the pie.
These days, it seems that allergies and food intolerances have increased in such large proportions, schools and education facilities have gone to lengths to prevent any potential negative consequences. Something that has been put in place amongst many schools are complete nut bans on any food products served and brought to schools.
Long term readers know I have a ‘thing’ for no bake bars/balls/bites/insert APPROPRIATE B word of choice here. However, most, if not all of them, contain a nut butter and/or nuts in some form. These days, it is rare to come across cost effective snack bars or bites which is not only cost effective, but allergen friendly too. Today, I’ve got you guys covered and perfect to pack in your lunch boxes or stored on your kitchen counter for easy snacking.
These Three Ingredient No Bake Oatmeal bars are ridiculously easy, delicious and perfect for little (or big!) hands to help out in the kitchen. No fancy gadgets are needed and just 10 minutes to all whole batch of these delicious bars. I’ve tried these out several times using different grain base, different sticky sweetener and two types of allergen friendly spreads- Sunflower seed butter and soy nut butter. I prefer the sunflower seed butter but either option works well. Of course, you could stick to any nut butter but this makes them non allergen friendly or best for home consumption.
I can live with that.
PS- Side note- If you notice a slight green tinge in the bars, blame the Sunbutter.
Make these healthy three ingredient no bake oatmeal bars and #makeyourmove…to the kitchen. Oh, and to sensible (allergen free!) snacking!
Three Ingredient No Bake Oatmeal Bars
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oat bran Can sub for rolled oats, quick oats or oat flour, however see notes
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter Can sub for soy nut butter or nut butter of choice if not allergen specific
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup can sub for any sticky sweetener however see notes
- Chocolate chips/fruits etc optional
- Line a deep baking tray or pan with grease proof paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oat bran and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt the sunflower seed butter with the brown rice syrup until combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry and mix well until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture into the lined pan and press into it firmly. If desired, top with chocolate chips or fruit etc and then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Remove and cut into bars or lunch box sized squares
Bars can be kept at room temperature covered for up to a week or refrigerated/frozen for up to a month+.
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Kohl’s.
Do you have any allergies?
Are you allergic to anyONE?
What was a childhood snack you had growing up?