These healthy 3 Ingredient no bake cereal bars are chewy and the perfect snack between meals or for a healthy dessert! Ready in 5 minutes, these no bake cereal bars can be made with or without peanut butter- The choice is yours!
Cereal Bars Recipe
Confession- I hoard leftover bits of cereal.
Although I don’t really enjoy cereal for ‘meals’ in itself, I do enjoy a bowlful as a snack before bed or when I want some texture, add it to Greek yogurt, cottage cheese or even ice cream.
Yes, ice cream.
For some reason, I don’t really like the final handful in each bag. It’s usually made up of broken pieces of cereal, cereal dust and more cereal dust.
Saying that, I also despise wasting food so these all just pile up. A quick glance in my pantry would see close to seven cereal packets, all with barely a handful in each. However, in my grocery bag, I had a new box of crispy rice cereal. The reason for this new box of cereal was to make a weekly staple in this neck of the woods- Healthy 3 Ingredient No Bake Rice Crispy Treats.
How to make easy homemade No Bake Cereal Bars
Before I ripped open the new box of cereal to get some bar treatment, I thought for a second. Why not combine all the leftover bits and bobs of cereal and replace the crispy rice, cup for cup, and use said cereal instead.
The majority of my leftover cereal were these Whole O’s by Nature’s Path (a vegan and gluten free version of Cheerios) and some peanut butter puffins. I threw the muffins on some vanilla yogurt and combined all the remnants of Whole O’s to make a delicious, quick and easy 3 Ingredient no bake snack bar.
Are cereal bars Healthy?
These healthy 3 Ingredient No Bake Cereal bars literally take five minutes to prep and the hard part is waiting for them to firm up…although eating the ‘batter’ is totally acceptable.
This recipe is not impressive (and easy!) because they use three ingredients. Unlike store-bought packaged cereal bar, they contain no butter, no sugar, and no dairy, but you’d never tell.
Naturally gluten-free and vegan, they are also relatively low calorie.
How do you get cereal bars to stick together?
- I used this almond butter in one batch and this generic peanut butter in another. To be honest, I LOVED the latter (with all the added ingredients in it) and found it to have a much more delicious texture. If that doesn’t phase go, go for option two!
- Ensure cereal bars stick together by melting together your nut butter with your syrup of choice. It makes the bars hold up easily.
More healthy no bake snacks
Watch the step-by-step video below!
Healthy 3 Ingredient No Bake Cereal Bars
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your dry cereal and set aside.
- Stovetop or in the microwave, melt your nut butter with your sticky sweetener and then pour the mixture into the crispy rice cereal and mix well.
- Pour mixture into the lined baking tray and press firmly into place. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up.