An easy 5-minute recipe for no bake protein bars, made with few ingredients and no peanut butter! Soft, chewy and perfect before or after a workout!
No Bake Protein Bars Recipe
The inspiration for these 4 Ingredient No Bake Protein Bars was sparked several years ago when I was weight lifting consistently.
The gym I was part of offering a complimentary personal training package for all new recruits and I was offered three sessions. The second session with my trainer saw him offer me nutrition advice, the biggest one being ‘eat a balanced post workout snack of protein and carbs’.
He recommended me to blend a banana with protein powder and milk but at that time, the thought of smoothies made me want to gag. He suggested a simple bowl of oatmeal with protein powder mixed in.
Protein powder and oatmeal became my standard post-workout meal but eventually, the university started again and I didn’t have the luxury of microwaving a bowl in the comfort of my home. Instead of resorting to the shakes, I would just combine the oats, almond butter, maple syrup with protein powder and enough to milk to make a ‘dough‘ and would chow on that straight after the gym and this replaced the oats.
Naturally vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar free, these easy no bake protein bars take less than 5 minutes to make!
Homemade Protein Bars Ingredients
- Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- Almond butter
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Protein Powder
I have definitely tried this recipe with several other options, and can vouch for the following-
Protein Powder– Check out my shop page for all my tested recommendations.
How to make easy protein bars
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your rolled oats and protein powder and mix well.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, combine your peanut butter and maple syrup and mix well, until combined.
- Combine your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated. If the batter is a little too crumbly, add a dash of milk.
- Transfer your protein bar mixture into the lined pan and press firmly into place. If desired, top with extra chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, to firm up.
When to eat protein bars
There are so many misconceptions about when is the best time to eat protein bars. Honestly, these homemade protein bars can be enjoyed any time of the day- after a workout, as a snack between meals or even several eaten for breakfast!
Storing protein bars
Homemade protein bars should be stored in the fridge, as they will remain soft and chewy the entire time.
Refrigerated protein bars will keep fresh for up to 1 month.
You can freeze leftover protein bars to enjoy at a later date. Wrap each bar in parchment paper and place in a ziplock bag.
Frozen protein bars will keep for up to 6 months.
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Homemade No Bake Protein Bar Recipe recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
Easy No Bake Protein Bar Recipe
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your protein powder and rolled oats and mix well.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, heat up your almond butter with your syrup and heat until warm. Whisk together.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix very well, until combined. If the batter is too crumbly, add a little milk to thin out.
- Transfer the protein bar batter into the lined pan and press firmly into place. Refrigerate until firm, and slice into bars. Drizzle with optional chocolate, if desired.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.