Just ten minutes is needed to make this delicious no bake protein bar recipe which taste like dessert and a chocolate lovers dream! Not only do they take less than 10 minutes to whip up, these bars are also refined sugar-free, gluten free, vegan, dairy free and have a tested paleo option too!
Death by chocolate.
One of my favorite flavors in terms of desserts.
Saying that, I’m not the biggest fan of just any kind of chocolate bar or snack. I enjoy it, but it wouldn’t be my first preference. I prefer it mixed with peanut butter, coating peppermint patties or even better, sandwiched between crackers and marshmallows. However, death by chocolate desserts are another story.
I would wear black boots, a bow tie and chicken dance for the entire Hershey’s family for a slice of death by chocolate cake.
Back in 2009, I went on a 3 day boys weekend to Sydney. As great as the company was, the highlight was the hot (as in the weather- It was really hot that day) date I had…with a slice of cake. You guys, it was hands down the best date I’d ever been on. The cake didn’t talk at all and after letting me ogle at it for several minutes, I stuck my fork and dug in. Death by chocolate?
More like death to chocolate…cake.
I’ve partnered up with Vitamin Shoppe today as part of today’s recipe. The team at Vitamin Shoppe sent me one epic (protein packed) package and also generously sent me a voucher to use in store. The team at Vitamin Shoppe are rolling out this new initiative- A #proteinpantry. This is essentially a range of protein-packed goodies, including nut butters, baking goods and instant snacks. They must have totally been reading my blog or mind as long term readers know- I love baking and using protein powder in many of my recipes.
I initially thought of using some of the nut butters in a recipe but opted to save those for my spoon toast. Instead, I used their voucher to buy the three protein powder staples I use in my recipes- My favorite paleo protein powder, my favorite vegan protein powder and my favorite casein protein powder.
Like most of my recipes which use protein powder on here, I ensure to try it with the above three powders so those who follow a particular dietary lifestyle can still enjoy my recipes with just a few minor adaptations. Today’s recipe is for every chocolate lover out there because it contains chocolate in five ways- Chocolate protein powder, cocoa powder, dairy free chocolate chips, dairy free chocolate chunks and dairy free unsweetened chocolate almond milk. For every chocoholic out there, today’s no-bake death by chocolate protein bar recipe is for you.
These healthy No Bake Death By Chocolate Protein Bars are packed full of chocolate goodness but are darn healthy for you! Not only do they taste like a soft and chewy dessert bar, they also pack a delicious protein punch! These are the perfect snack bar to make during your meal prep or when you want a filling and tasty bite during main meals. These healthy no bake death by chocolate protein bars just take ten minutes and are gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free and paleo friendly.
HACK! Long term readers know I’m a huge fan of dark cocoa powder. Up the cocoa powder by an extra 2 tablespoons for an even richer chocolate taste!
Make these delicious healthy No bake Death by chocolate protein bars and be thankful that you won’t actually die eating them….so you can make and eat again.
If you love these kind of recipes, you’ll LOVE these No Bake Apple Pie Protein Bars– Check out the recipe video below for a step-by-step process!
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour (For the paleo option, use 1 cup coconut flour)
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted (Can sub for almond or more oat flour)
- ½ cup protein powder (dietary recommendations listed above in content)
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chunks
- ½ cup nut butter of choice (I used the buff bake peanut butter but can use any)
- ½ cup brown rice syrup (sub for maple syrup in the paleo version)**
- 1 T + dairy free milk of choice*
- Line a large baking dish with greased paper and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine the flour, protein powder and cocoa powder and mix well. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the nut butter and liquid sweetener and heat until melted. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix well- It should be crumbly. Wait until it cools slightly before adding the dairy free chips and chunks and mix well.
- Using a spoon, add the dairy free milk of choice one spoonful at a time until a thick, firm batter is formed.
- Transfer to lined baking dish and press firmly. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- * Depending on the flour and protein powder combination, you might need less/more dairy free milk
- ** If you don't go the brown rice syrup route, you'll definitely need more dairy free milk
- Protein bars are freezer friendly and can also be kept at room temperature.
No Bake Apple Pie Protein Bars (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free)
The Ultimate Protein Brownie (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free)
Cheers, hugs and handshakes for supporting companies and brands which help me do what I love day in, day out.
How much of a chocoholic are you?
Ever tried the infamous ‘death by chocolate cake?’ Obviously not. You’re reading this, right?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld