These nut free granola bars are made with just 4 ingredients and require NO baking. No dairy, no butter, and no nuts needed, they make a filling and healthy snack!
Nut Free Granola Bars
It’s no secret that I’m a serial snacker and when I recently had to cut out nuts from my diet to do some allergy testing, my snack game remained strong. This is due to countless batches of insanely delicious nut free bars!
Why these nut free granola bars will be your favorite nut free recipe-
- 4 ingredients. For such a easy and delicious snack, you’ll love that it’s made with just four ingredients- oats, tahini, honey, and dried fruit!
- Easily customizable. Not a fan of dried fruit? Swap it out for some seeds, coconut flakes, or vegan chocolate chips.
- No baking required. Keep those ovens turned off because these require zero baking.
- Back to school friendly. With most schools now adopting a nut free environment, you can keep your kids satisfied between classes with these homemade granola bars.
I’ve been meaning to share a nut free granola bar recipe for quite some time. They’ve been one of my favorite office snacks to share with my colleagues because many of them have peanut allergies and I’d rather not use ANY nuts!
No nuts, no butter, and no oil are needed, but you’d never tell. The texture is soft and chewy, yet stable at room temperature. They are pleasantly sweet with bits of dried fruit throughout, and you won’t taste the tahini at all.
With many of us in situations like schools or workplaces that are peanut free and have actual bans on any nut products, these homemade granola bars are your snacking answer, nut allergy or not!
How do you make nut free granola bars?
- Quick oats– Quick cooking or instant oats. If you’d like these granola bars to be gluten free, use certified gluten free oats.
- Salt– Just a pinch to bring out the sweet flavors.
- Tahini– Smooth and drippy tahini or sunflower seed butter (sunbutter).
- Honey– Raw honey, but you can also use brown rice syrup or golden syrup. If you use the latter two, your granola bars will be much darker.
- Dried fruit– I used a mix of dried apricots, cranberries, and blueberries.
In a large mixing bowl, add the oats and salt and set aside. In a microwave safe bowl, combine your tahini and honey and microwave in 15-second spurts until the honey is warm and the tahini has softened. Whisk together until combined. Next, add the wet ingredients into the mixing bowl and mix together until combined.
Now, transfer into a lined square pan and press the mixture into the pan and smooth out the top. Refrigerate the bars for at least an hour to firm up.
Tips to make the best recipe
- For an even chewier texture, you can sub out half the quick cooking oats with rolled oats.
- If you don’t follow a nut free diet, peanut butter or almond butter can be used instead of the tahini.
- If you use sunflower seed butter, don’t be alarmed if your bars turn a slight tinge of green- It’s a common occurrence with all sorts of recipes using it.
- Feel free to add other nut-free mix ins, like vegan chocolate chips, coconut flakes, or seeds.
Storing and freezing no bake nut free bars
- To store: Granola bars are best stored in the refrigerator, covered. They will keep well for up 2 weeks.
- To freeze: Place leftover bars in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More no bake snack recipes to try
Nut Free Granola Bars (4 Ingredients!)
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup tahini or sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup honey or brown rice syrup
- 1/3 cup dried fruit apricots, blueberries, and cranberries
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your oats in salt and mix well. In a microwave safe bowl, add the tahini and honey and microwave in 20-second spurts until the honey is warm. Whisk the honey and tahini together until smooth. Transfer the melted mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Fold through the dried fruit at the end.
- Transfer the mixture into the lined pan and press down until smooth on top. Refrigerate the bars for at least an hour to firm up.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator and slice into bars.