A delicious, allergy friendly granola bar which requires 1 bowl and 10 minutes to whip up! The perfect snack to tide you over between meals- Gluten free and vegan too.
Happy Friday everyone! The weekend is so close, I can almost taste it! I’ve got some brunch plans, a coffee catch up and a few bits and bobs here and there!
First things first, after telling you guys on Monday about the idea for a link up, I’ve decided to go ahead with it- Thank you so much for the support on the idea! I’ve been thinking what day to have the link up on- either Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I also would love some input into a name for it! Reader Simone (Hi!) had a couple of suggestions-
-> Self Expression Thursdays/Fridays (or whatever day you guys would want the link up on)
-> Self Important Thursdays/Fridays (etc)
Seeing as I’m still up in the air for a name, I thought it’d be more exciting to offer an incentive for it (Thank you, Tara for this idea!)- So whoever comes up with the chosen alliteration for the new feature, I’ll have a little GIVEAWAY of goodies sent over to you- wherever you are in the World (and it will definitely involve Vegemite…just saying). Be creative and use those alliteration skills we learnt in high school!
Now into normal posting- Seeing as its Friday, its another round of Off the Cuff Fridays, with a super easy recipe for you at the end!
You guys might be familiar with the initiative ‘Movember‘ (or notice an increase in men sporting the ‘tash) in which here in Australia, there are several campaigns run. These campaigns are set out to raise awareness and understandings of risks men face, and funding for them! Furthermore, the program goals strive to help males living with prostate or testicular cancer to have the necessary support and care needed to be physically and mentally well. To do my bit, I’ve been growing my (poor excuse) for a mustache- I’ll ensure to have a picture by the end of the month- Try not to mistake me for Brad Pitt 😉 Find out more information here.
Who here used to use MSN messenger like it was their job? Guilty. I stumbled across this absolute gem which spoke volumes to me. Here are a couple of the best ones- See the rest HERE
Jo recently posted some epic musical choices on her blog, and I thought you guys should hear some Aussie home grown talent- Matt Corby’s music is amazing, but his song ‘Resolution’- listen to it. Trust me. (I’m a doctor).
My friend works in Promotions and Marketing….she posted this gem up after a recent campaign when Beyonce was in town. WHO PUTS QUEEN B IN THE BIN?
Speaking of Queen B- Check out this guy who puts her dancing to shame. I’m never going to do a HIIT workout again- this 2 minute dance in itself trumps it!
During my procrasti-experimenting over the weekend, I knew something I wanted to make was a grab and go bar of some sort using my Sunbutter. I based it off my chewy no bake granola bars but changed some of the ingredients, added the Sunbutter and omitted the nuts. All in all, it took less than 15 minutes and taste great! I LOVE chewy bars and these fit the bill. Thank you Kierston for the link up! Be sure to pop by and be inspired by some awesome recipes this week!
No Bake Sunbutter granola bars (Nut free option available)
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat bran
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (can sub for any fruit or nut)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (can sub for any fruit or nut)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup (can sub for honey)
- Roughly chopped chocolate (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, oat bran, shredded coconut and sunflower seeds and mix well. Line a 9 x 9 deep tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the sunflower seed butter, coconut oil and brown rice syrup and microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until melted.
- Add the liquid mixture to dry mixture and ensure it is fully incorporated. Transfer the mixture to the lined tray and press firmly using your hands. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Remove from pan and cut into even sized bars.
- These bars can be kept at room temperature but taste great straight out of the fridge. They can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Hope you all have a great weekend, and I can’t wait to have something for YOU in this Monday’s post! Stay happy, stay healthy, stay twerking.
All you English mavens out there- Any suitable alliterations for the link up?
What was your msn name? Did you ever do any of those ‘sneaky’ things to get attention? ….I think mine was al_roxurworld.
What are your plans for this weekend?