Just one minute and a few healthy ingredients are needed to make this fluffy, light and delicious apple cinnamon muffin recipe! This delicious muffin clocks in at less than 100 calories and is the perfect sweet snack or healthy dessert to have on hand! Naturally gluten free, vegan and paleo friendly, there’s a protein packed and oven version too!
Happy Thursday friends and we’re back with another monthly round-up.
Not going to lie- I was kind of nervous over the last two months over this month’s theme. Why? In September, Alexis threw in the suggestion of making ‘chia seeds’ the September ingredient. Luckily for us, we went with pumpkin– In my eyes, a much better option. (Alexis was totally trying to sabotage me because she knew I thought chia seeds were a flour….kidding. Sort of..)
This month, we had the option between apples and kale and long term readers know my thoughts on kale. Kale is good for swatting people over the head with and nothing else. Fortunately for me, apples won and I burnt kale in its honour.
Sorry kale lovers. I’ll make no bake kale bites one day.
So this month’s theme is apples, just like Gweneth Paltrow’s child. Before I share my recipe for a healthy 1 minute apple cinnamon muffin, let’s check out what my (poison) apples have offered this month-
Lindsay shares this Caramel Apple Bread and I’m going to bribe her to bring me a slice when I see her next week!
Kylie shares this Peanut Butter Applesauce which I can see becoming an instant snack choice!
Sarah shares these healthy maple almond butter muffins which makes me just want to throw Willow Smith in a pond and whip my hair back and forth.
Julia shares this Baked Brie with Maple Spiced Apples and I pretty much want to sell my own mother for it.
Alexis shares these Apple Oatmeal Bars and as usual, she didn’t share with me.
Now that you’re all apple-d out, get ready to have more apples with this delicious, healthy 1 minute Apple Cinnamon Muffin!
This healthy 1 minute apple cinnamon muffin is your quick fix for an instant bakery-style treat in terms of taste and texture! While it is much healthier that a standard bakery style muffin, it is still incredibly fluffy, light and has a muffin like texture! It’s full of fiber, has barely any sugar and is uses applesauce to give it the apple flavor and moistness! While I used a store-bought unsweetened applesauce, I have no doubts this would taste even better with homemade applesauce! Naturally gluten free, vegan and paleo, this has also been tested using a toaster oven as opposed to microwaving!
HACK- I know I have many protein powder users out there and this does indeed work with protein powder added in- Simply add a scoop (around 30 grams) and microwave or bake as usual and voila- You’ve just added a nice protein punch!
Make this healthy 1-minute apple cinnamon muffin and let’s banish kale and chia seeds. 🙂
- 1 T coconut flour
- 1 T almond flour
- 1 T oat flour (omit for paleo version)*
- 2 T granulated sweetener of choice (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1 large egg white (can sub for 1 large egg or 1 flax egg)
- 2 T unsweetened applesauce
- 1 T + dairy free milk of choice**
- Cinnamon for dusting
- Coconut palm sugar, for dusting
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flours, sweetener, cinnamon and baking powder in mix well.
- Add in your egg white, unsweetened applesauce, dairy free milk and mix until fully incorporated.
- Microwave for 50 seconds (or up to 2 minutes, depending on your microwave) and remove. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon and coconut palm sugar, if desired. Enjoy immediately.
- Pour batter into an oven safe dish and bake at 350 for 12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- * If you omit the oat flour for almond, you'll need a dash more dairy free milk.
- ** Depending on the starch you use and the brand of coconut flour, you will most likely need more than 1 tablespoon- Adjust accordingly.
Are you a fan of chia seeds and/or kale?
Are you over apples yet?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapchat - thebigmansworld