A moist, gooey and fluffy chocolate brownie ready in less than one minute and completely low carb too! Made with no butter, oil, grains, or sugar, this healthy mug brownie is paleo, vegan, gluten-free, sugar free, keto-friendly, low calorie, dairy free and has a tested oven option!
1 Minute Low Carb Brownie
Whenever my chocolate craving strikes and I’m watching my carbs, I always turn to this gooey keto brownie to satisfy my cravings.
This brownie in a mug is moist, gooey, and perfect single-serve dessert or snack to enjoy anytime! It also only takes less than a minute to whip up, or under 12 minutes if you bake it in the oven!
Traditional mug brownies tend to use plenty of sugar, oil, and butter to achieve a brownie-like texture, but in my version, we use healthier and easy to find pantry staple ingredients, that you’d probably have on hand now!
Bonus? This sugar-free keto mug brownie isn’t just low carb… if you check out the ingredients, it’s also perfect for a paleo and gluten-free diet. It’s also made with NO eggs, so my vegan friends, you are covered too!
How to make a keto brownie in a mug
- Almond Flour– I used blanched almond flour, but you can also use almond meal.
- Keto Sugar Substitute– Either erythritol or monk fruit can be used. You can also use a sugar free baking blend, like Splenda.
- Cocoa Powder– Unsweetened and good quality. If your cocoa powder has clumps, be sure to sift it first.
- Baking Powder– Leavens out the mug brownie and gives it some rise!
- Almond Butter– Drippy and smooth almond butter gives the mug brownie a buttery and moist texture. You can use any smooth nut or seed butter.
- Milk of choice– Any milk works, I used unsweetened almond milk
- Chocolate Chips of choice– Optional, but highly recommended!
In a small mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients and mix well. Then, you’ll want to whisk together your almond butter with the milk, until combined. Next, you’ll combine the dry and wet ingredients together, and mix until combined. If using chocolate chips, fold them through with a spoon. Finally, microwave the mug cake for 60-90 seconds, until the brownie is just done. Allow the brownie to cool for a minute, before enjoying it!
Can I make this keto chocolate mug brownie in the oven?
Easily make this mug brownie in the oven if you don’t have a microwave or choose not to use one. Simply grease an oven-safe 6-inch ramekin (it can be bigger) and bake the single-serving keto brownie for around 6-8 minutes at 180C/350F, or until just cooked.
Should I use the oven or the microwave?
Time is the key factor here, but depending on which method of baking you choose, they both actually can result in a different texture. The pictures shown within the post is actually made in the oven. If you check out the texture closely, it’s quite tender on the outside and fluffy and moist on the inside.
This wouldn’t be possible in the microwave, BUT it takes a fraction of the time. However, if you want to use the oven AND have a really gooey center, you’ll just need to remove it a little earlier, when it just begins to firm up on top.
Can I add an egg if I’m not vegan?
You can still achieve a gooey and moist center without the need for eggs. Whether or not you follow a vegan lifestyle or not, you can do this.
If you don’t follow a vegan diet and you want to have a fluffier, cakey brownie mug cake, add either 1 whole egg or egg white.
More delicious low carb mug cake recipes to try
- Cinnamon Roll Mug Cake
- Lemon Mug Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Mug Cake
- Almond Flour Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1 Minute Protein Brownie
- 100 Calorie Chocolate Cake
1 Minute Low Carb Brownie (No eggs!)
- Lightly grease a small microwave safe cereal bowl or ramkin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all your dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a seperate bowl, combine your smooth almond butter with milk and whisk together. Combine your wet and dry ingredients and mix well. If using chocolate chips, fold them through.
- Microwave in 30-second intervals until desired texture is achieved. Remove from the microwave and let sit for one minute, before enjoying.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease a 6 inch oven-safe ramekin. Prepare your brownie batter before transferring to the greased ramekin. Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until desired texture is achieved. Remove from oven and let cool for one minute, before enjoying.
Key Recipe Equipment and Ingredients