A delicious, single-serve healthy flourless banana oat muffin containing Greek yogurt and ready in just one minute! This healthy flourless 1 minute Greek yogurt banana oat muffin has no butter, flour, oil or sugar but you’d never tell- It’s also gluten free and refined sugar free and comes with a tested dairy free and vegan option!
It looks as though my adoration for coconut flour has gone on vacation this week.
Besides the paleo option in this recipe, my past few recipes have NOT contained my most used flour- Case in point? This healthy no bake giant monster cookie for one and these 3 ingredient paleo banana bread cookies. Let’s add today’s one to the list too.
For the longest of times, I’ve been wanting to experiment with a single serve muffin or cake recipe which didn’t need coconut flour. The trouble with this is the potential risk for a cake/muffin to be flat and firm- Something I personally don’t enjoy in my recipes.
Let’s add Greek yogurt to the mix.
Last week, when Amanda suggested the theme for this week’s Sweet and Savory Saturday foodie party, it made me realize just how FEW recipes I had using it! Don’t get me wrong- I LOVE Greek yogurt and often snack on it. In fact, Fage Total is one of my favorite foods and is perhaps the ONLY plain yogurt I truly enjoy on its own.
Greek yogurt and no coconut flour = A challenge.
A challenge I’d willingly accept; unless it failed. In that case, I would hide it in the vault, along with my attempt at making a vegan omelet.
Yeah, don’t ask.
When I first moved into my apartment in New York, one of my roommates told me she enjoyed a particular muffin recipe using Greek yogurt. This recipe happened to be that of Chelsea from Chelsea’s Messy Apron– Her Flourless Greek Yogurt Banana Oat Muffins! He often made it during his food prep and I often scoffed a couple fresh from the oven (In full disclosure, she often added a FULL package of baking chips so that made it extra epic)! They were moist, fluffy and didn’t taste healthy at all! I knew that the combination obviously tasted well, but I didn’t know if it could be transformed into a single serve muffin recipe.
Sans coconut flour.
I used similar ingredients to what Chelsea did but in smaller proportions and making them suitable for those who follow various dietary lifestyles out there. After 2 attempts (a first!), I managed to get the ingredients just right and was thrilled with the result- As such, here is a delicious healthy 1 minute Greek Yogurt Banana Oat muffin!
This healthy Greek Yogurt banana oat muffin is light and fluffy on the inside (check out those pictures!) while being tender on the outside and is ready in just one minute (if you use the microwave option). For such a delicious single serve muffin, you’d be thrilled to know there is no butter, oil, flour or sugar in the entire recipe! Thanks to the nature of the ingredients, it’s naturally gluten free and sugar free, and has a tested vegan and dairy free option! For those who have a small blender, you can easily whip this all up in there- Simple add, blend, pour and bake/microwave!
HACK! I don’t want my vegan and dairy free friends to miss out on this deliciousness so I trialled one of them using a vegan Greek yogurt (I used So Delicious Vanilla Greek Cultured Yogurt). It definitely worked well, however, it does come out a little more flat and less moist- Take note of the changes I made using that option!
Make this delicious healthy flourless Greek Yogurt Banana Oat Muffin made in 1 minute and if you don’t mind, I’ll need to go do some apologizing.
….to the coconut flour.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1-2 granulated sweetener of choice (I used norbu sweetener)
- pinch cinnamon
- 2 T mashed banana (approximately 1/4 medium)
- 2 T Greek yogurt (see notes for using dairy free yogurt)
- 1 large egg OR egg white (to keep it vegan, sub for 1 flax egg)
- 2 T + dairy free milk of choice
- Dairy free chocolate chips (optional)
- Add all ingredients into a small blender/food processor until fully processed. If mixture is too thick, add a dash more dairy free milk until a thick batter is formed.
- Transfer to a greased microwave safe bowl or mug and top with optional chocolate chips. Microwave for 1 minute, or until fully cooked and fluffy on the inside.
- Follow as above but bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, until tender on the outside and a toothpick comes out clean.
- * If you want to whisk it all by hand, grind the oats into a flour before hand and mix well before microwaving/baking.
- If you use dairy free yogurt, add an extra tablespoon and decrease dairy free milk by 1 tablespoon. It would result in a much better texture.
More delicious muffins for ONE? Gotcha covered!
Are you a fan of Greek yogurt (dairy or non-dairy)?
Total, 2% or fat free?
Have you ever baked with yogurt or cream? My friend makes cupcakes with ICE CREAM in it.