A delicious banana bread ready in just one minute and using four ingredients! This healthy 1 minute banana bread is moist and gooey on the inside yet tender on the outside- It’s also naturally gluten-free, paleo, vegan, dairy free and refined sugar free- The perfect snack or light sweet treat!
Back-to-back reader request recipes?
Firstly, big love to everyone who shared their oat-based recipes on Saturday– We are super excited to share the top three recipes this coming Saturday! As mentioned in the post, Amanda will be hosting this week and the theme is a favorite of ours- Bananas! As always, you’re welcome to link two of your recipes which feature that week’s theme!
Anyway, let’s talk today’s recipe.
I’m beyond thrilled with the emails/Instagram tags/Facebook messages you’ve been sending in over the past couple of weeks- It means the world and as always, makes me more and more thankful that I can share this with you, and do so on a full-time basis.
While the 4 Ingredient breakfast brownies and no bake banana bread blondies were clearly the most popular and made (I don’t blame you- They are both personal favorites of mine!), coming a close third was this 4 ingredient chunky banana bread. To be honest, I’m not surprised- The texture is INSANE and I attest it to the fact that I went heavy on the bananas and very light on the other three ingredients.
Unlike traditional banana bread which is generally light and fluffy, this version is dense, hearty and very filling- The kind of sweet bread you can eat for breakfast ON IT’S OWN and be satisfied for hours after. How do I know this? Because I practice what I preach. When I left with a loaf of it in my fridge (hello, amazing texture again!), I enjoyed the remaining three slices over 3 days for breakfast and DANG it kept me full- Not an easy feat.
When reader Kylie (Hi!) emailed me telling me she loved the recipe, I was thrilled. When she suggested a single-serve version of it, I was most certainly up for a solo kitchen party challenge. While the original recipe called for 3 cups of bananas (almost 6-7 if you have medium sized ones), I knew it would take some time to experiment to get proportions just right to have the same taste and texture. The first couple of attempts turned into rocks and the third was simply too thick- It wouldn’t firm up well. I thought of subbing out the maple syrup and that made it a hockey puck.
Thinking. Thinking. Thinking.
Swap out the maple for dairy free milk and voila- I was presented with a moist, gooey and tender banana bread which is single serve!
This healthy 4 Ingredient Banana Bread is a delicious single-serve sweet treat which takes just a minute in the microwave or 10 minutes in the oven! It’s incredibly moist and gooey on the inside while being tender on the outside! It’s also suitable for many dietary lifestyles out there- It’s naturally paleo, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free!
HACK! Because this recipe uses NO eggs whatsoever, taste test the batter before baking/microwaving it. If it’s not sweet enough, add some granulated sweetener of choice. Not only that, you can totally play around with the temperature to produce your desired texture. Bake it a little longer if you want a more tender cake VS a more moist one.
Make this delicious healthy 1 minute 4 ingredient banana bread and have banana bread on demand!
- 1/2 medium overripe banana, mashed very well
- 1 T coconut flour (can sub for almond flour)*
- 1 T nut butter of choice (I used cashew butter because it's so mild tasting)
- 2-3 T dairy free milk of choice**
- Dairy free chocolate chips (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine your mashed banana and coconut flour and mix very well. Add your nut butter of choice and mix into it- It should be a VERY thick batter.
- Using a tablespoon at a time, add dairy free milk of choice until you reach a thick and creamy consistency. Stir through the chocolate chips is desired.
- Transfer to a mug or microwave safe cereal bowl and cook for 1 minute, or until desired texture is achieved (this varies microwave to microwave).
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit and coat an oven safe ramekin with oil and set aside.
- Do as above but transfer to the greased ramekin and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until desired consistency is achieved.
- * I prefer the coconut flour over the almond flour- The texture was more 'cake' like which I preferred.
- ** Depending on the flour you use and the consistency you want, adjust accordingly.
Light and fluffy cakes/breads or moist and gooey AKA this one?
Favorite way to use overripe bananas?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld