These extra chewy no bake monster cookie protein granola bars are a quick, easy and fuss-free snack which takes minutes to whip up! Packed with wholesome ingredients and some candy buttons for fun, these snack bars are naturally gluten free, vegan, dairy free and high protein!
HAPPY WEDNESDAY, FRIENDS.
Even though we’re in the midst of the start of Summer and things slowing down, I’m feeling a little overwhelmed. Over the last couple of days, I’ve put a ton of thought into this blog and potentially changing things up a little bit. I’ve had time to think about what other content I want to share on TBMW, and have a post in mind to explain things a little bit better.
But first, it’s a full day of eats, and I’d like to introduce you guys to a new snack! As mentioned in this post, we did a fair bit of outdoor activities and by we, I mean my friends. I did, however, venture out for one day and as such, thought I’d share that day.
I’ve been a long time customer of Soy Vay® products, especially their marinades and dressings (their Island Teriyaki version is pretty much drinkable…). When I found out that they’d just released a range of snacks, I was intrigued. I was stoked to receive their new range of Soy Vay® Popped Rice Clusters, which came in three flavors- Thai Style Peanut, Ginger ‘n Sesame and Spicy ‘n Sweet.
Although I personally loved the crumbled up Ginger’N Sesame Popped rice clusters with some chocolate chips, which also made an amazing yogurt topping. Or well…
…served in my FAT BABY-LIKE HANDS.
Obviously, they were going to be some snacks added in our bags for said hike. We’d all planned to buy subway footlong subs for our actual lunch (and actually ended up being our dinner too). In the morning, I’d made some trail mixes for each of us, with whichever leftover car ride snacks we had left.
Please note the lovely white hotel room marble, pre-ziplock bag style!
Breakfast- I made a mix of crumbled Soy Vay® Sesame ‘N Ginger popped rice clusters with chocolate chips, eaten over a cup of yogurt en route to the base of the mountain. Snacks- Soy Vay® Sesame ‘N Ginger popped rice cluster trail mixe(s) and homemade Monster Cookie Protein Granola Bars (recipe below!) . Lunch- Subway tuna salad, which was a royal mess. Dinner- Subway again- This time, I opted for ham, salad, cheese and pretty much all the salad. Snack- The other two flavors of Soy Vay popped rice clusters, the Thai-style Peanut, and the Spicy N’ Sweet.
Safe to say, it was a well fuelled and delicious hike. Even if hiking is not on your immediate agenda, monster cookie protein granola bars and popped rice clusters should be everyday essentials.
So let’s talk today’s recipe.
Knowing that I’d be going on at least ONE hike during my two week break, I knew I needed some edible motivation, preferably with benefits.
I was thinking something granola bar style, with a boost of protein added in. I knew the basics of making a protein granola bar which would NOT need refrigeration but wanted to add some fun into it- Monster cookie style!
These healthy no bake monster cookie protein granola bars are a fun, tasty and delicious snack which take barely any time to whip up! They are made from wholesome, filling ingredients, with some chocolate candies thrown in for fun! Traditional Monster cookies are made with oats, butter, sugar, flour and margarine, but mine contain none of those, minus the oats! Texture lovers will love this- They are firm, extra chewy and completely portable- Perfect to bring on hikes (or hiking from your kitchen to your desk :D). These no bake granola bars only use a handful of ingredients, ones you would typically have on hand right now! I know many readers love some protein in their snacks, so I’ve added a tested option using vanilla protein powder (click here for my recommendations). These snack bars are suitable for those following a vegan, gluten free and dairy free lifestyle!
HACK! The best part of the infamous monster cookie are the combination of chocolate buttons and chocolate chips. If you don’t have any dietary restrictions, basic m and m mini’s work great for this. For those with dietary restrictions, these are the ones I always use. They are gluten free, vegan and dairy free, and pair perfectly with these dairy free mini chips.
No one needs to miss out.
Make these healthy no bake Monster Cookie Protein Granola Bars and paired with some popped rice clusters, you’ll take on any hike, deliciously fuelled.
….Hiking refers to anything on your FEET.
- 2 cups rolled oats (I used certified gluten free)
- 1/2 cup ground oats (I used certified gluten free oats ground to a flour)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- pinch sea salt
- pinch cinnamon
- 3/4 cup nut butter of choice (I used drippy almond butter)
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup (Can sub for maple, agave or honey)*
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate buttons/m & m's
- Milk of choice**
- Line a deep 8 x 8 baking tray or pan with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your rolled oats, ground oats, protein powder, cinnamon and sea salt and mix well.
- In a small microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt your nut butter with brown rice syrup. Pour your wet mixture in with the dry mixture and mix very well. Allow to cool slightly, before stirring through the chocolate chips. If batter is too crumbly, slowly add milk of choice until a very thick batter is formed.
- Transfer mixture to lined baking tray and using your hands, press firmly to set. Top with chocolate buttons/m & m's and refrigerate for at least an hour to firm up.
- Remove and slice into bars.
- * If you use an alternative, add an extra tablespoon.
- ** Only use if mixture is too crumbly.
- Bars are best kept in the refrigerator, but are freezer friendly. Bars can be kept at room temperature, but best kept individually wrapped.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Soy Vay. The opinions and text are all mine.
What are your ‘go-to’ snacks when doing outdoor activities?
Have you tried popped rice snacks before?
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld