This cranberry bread is a moist and tender loaf made with simple ingredients and using just one bowl! No eggs or grains needed, this quick bread is perfect for the holiday season!
Cranberry Chocolate Chip Bread
When it comes to holiday baking, my favorite recipes to make are peppermint bark, hot chocolate cake, and this easy cranberry bread.
If you ever come to my kitchen during the holiday season, there is a very high chance you’ll remain there for quite some time. I’ll more than likely be baking something from scratch, usually of the sweet kind. If I’m not making cookies or brownies (my two constants), I’m usually whipping up a quick bread. While I DO love the classic banana bread, I do give it a festive twist during the holidays, by adding cranberries to them!
Now, this delicious quick bread may look incredibly fancy, but I promise you, it is one of the most foolproof bread you’ll ever make.
No eggs or grains are needed, but you’d never tell. The texture is moist, fluffy, and with the most perfect tender crumb. It’s pleasantly sweet and studded with tart cranberries, without being overpowering.
I made a loaf for my mom and she didn’t believe me when I said it was low carb and made without eggs- She thought it tasted like any good cranberry bread!
How to make cranberry chocolate chip bread
Making this cranberry chocolate chip bread is ridiculously easy, and uses healthy, wholesome ingredients
- Almond flour. Almond flour ensures the recipe is grain-free and paleo-friendly. You can use either blanched almond flour or almond meal.
- Granulated sweetener of choice. Keep this quick bread 100% sugar-free, by using a sugar-free granulated sweetener. I used a brown sugar substitute, but other sweeteners will work just as well.
- Baking powder. Needed for the bread to remain intact!
- Cinnamon. Adds a delicious, warming flavor with every bite!
- Salt. Brings out the natural sweetness of the banana.
- Overripe bananas. The riper the bananas, the sweeter the bread. I prefer to use bananas that are just ripe- sometimes bananas that are too brown tend to keep the banana bread a little too moist.
- Flax eggs. A fantastic vegan egg replacement. Two flax eggs are needed, which requires two tablespoons of ground flaxseed, mixed with 5 tablespoons of water.
- Coconut oil. I used melted unrefined coconut oil.
- Vanilla extract. A necessity for every delicious banana bread out there!
- Dried Cranberries. Unsweetened dried cranberries are best, as they have a natural tang and sweetness. Avoid varieties with added sugar.
- Chocolate Chips. Use a mix of chocolate chips and chocolate morsels for pools of delicious chocolate throughout!
You don’t need any fancy gadgets or kitchen tools to make this delicious cranberry chocolate chip bread!
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare your flax eggs by combining 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed with 5 tablespoons of water. Let it sit for 10 minutes to form a gel.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine your mashed banana, flax eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla extract and mix well. Combine your wet and dry ingredients. Fold through your cranberries and chocolate chips, reserving a few to top the bread with.
- Transfer the batter to the lined pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out just clean from the center. Allow cooling in the pan completely before removing it from the pan and slicing it into pieces.
Tips to make the best cranberry quick bread
- Do not overbake the sweet bread- The sweet bread continues to cook as it is cooling, as soon as a skewer comes out clean, it will be done.
- If you use a super overripe banana, the bread will be slightly moister in the center- This is fine if you prefer a super moist bread, but it will not be overly sturdy.
- Use a mix of chocolate chips and chocolate chunks for the ultimate chocolate fix.
- If you don’t follow a strict vegan diet, swap the flax eggs for 2 large eggs.
- For a keto cranberry bread, replace the banana with pumpkin puree.
While this sweet bread tastes delicious on its own, here are some fun ways to change up the flavors!
- Cranberry orange– Add 1/2 teaspoon orange extract, and 2 tablespoons orange peel into the dough. Avoid using orange juice, as it will dry out the almond flour.
- White chocolate cranberry– Fold through 1/2 cup white chocolate chips into the dough and reserve a handful to top the bread with.
- Cranberry pumpkin– Swap out half the banana with half pumpkin puree. Also, add 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice.
How do you store and freeze the bread?
- To store- Cranberry bread should always be stored in the refrigerator, covered. It is incredibly moist, so it will spoil at room temperature. Bread will keep well for up to 7 days.
- To freeze- Wrap slices or entire loaf in parchment paper and place in a ziplock bag or shallow container. Frozen bread will keep fresh for up to 6 months.
- To reheat- Either heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds or in a toaster oven for 3-4 minutes. To thaw bread from the freezer, allow thawing at room temperature or in the fridge overnight.
More delicious sweet bread recipes to try
- Cinnamon swirl bread
- Chocolate chip banana bread
- Pumpkin bread
- Double chocolate banana bread
- Raspberry bread
- 2 cups almond flour blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoon granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large bananas mashed
- 2 flax eggs Can substitute for 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips of choice
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare your flax eggs by combining 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed with 5 tablespoons of water. Let sit for 10 minutes to form a gel.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well. In a separate bowl, melt your coconut oil. Add your mashed bananas and flax eggs/eggs and whisk together.
- Combine wet and dry mixture and mix until fully incorporated. Fold through your dried cranberries and chocolate chips, reserving a few to top the bread with. Pour into the greased pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes (square pan tends to be around the 40-minute mark, loaf pan 45-50 minute mark!), or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Let cool in the pan completely, before removing and slicing into 12 pieces.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
Hey Arman, how many bananas does this recipe require. Don’t see it listed in the ingredients. Thanks.
Hi Pam! It has been updated now, so sorry!
Maybe I missed it, I didn’t see the banana listed in the ingredients. How much is needed?
Hi Carol- sorry for that, it is 2 bananas.
You say add mashed bananas, but there are no bananas in the ingredients? How much mashed banana?
Hi Colleen- It should be 2 bananas.