These oven-roasted garlic parmesan wings are here to steal the show. Perfectly juicy inside and crispy on the outside, these are bound to become one of your favorite appetizers ever.
While there are tons of delicious appetizers out there, none of them come close to chicken wings.
They are easily the most popular finger food out there and a must at any party. We love air frying them, baking them, or cooking them with some lemon pepper flavor. Whenever we want something a little different, we love to make parmesan garlic wings.
Unlike buffalo wings that can sometimes be a little too spicy, these are a winner for everyone. How can anyone resist crispy chicken wings sprinkled with parmesan cheese?
Why you’ll love this recipe
- As crispy as breaded wings. You don’t have to bread chicken to make it crispy. Instead, the parmesan cheese replicates the texture.
- Healthier than fried wings. Baked in the oven, these wings are less oily and a lot healthier than fried wings.
- Great for parties. Whip up a double or triple batch and feed a crowd. A warning though: these will not last long!
This recipe calls for very simple ingredients. Besides the wings and a few spices, there isn’t much else that goes into it. Here is what you’ll need:
- Chicken wings. Skin-on chicken wings for the crispiest results.
- Parmesan cheese. Always use freshly grated parmesan cheese as it tastes better and also sticks onto the wings better, too.
- Spices. I use a blend of paprika, black pepper, onion and garlic powder.
- Butter. Softened to room temperature.
- Garlic. Minced.
- Parsley. Finely chopped.
- Oil. Olive oil or any cooking oil of your choice.
- Salt. To taste.
How to make garlic parmesan wings
Start with preparing the seasoning mix. Combine garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper, and salt. Sprinkle the chicken wings with the seasoning mix and rub to coat them well.
Arrange the chicken wings on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Bake the wings on the middle rack for 45 minutes in an oven preheated to 450 degrees.
How to make garlic parmesan wing sauce
To make the garlic parmesan sauce, melt the butter in a small pot and combine it with minced garlic and chopped parsley leaves. Stir well. Pour the mixture over the baked wings. Sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese.
Bake the wings for another 5 minutes until the wings become crispy.
Can I air fry this?
You can totally make these in the air fryer. Just like our air fryer chicken wings, they turn out perfectly juicy and crispy!
Preheat the air fryer to 200C/400F. Once heated, arrange the chicken wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook the chicken wings for around 15 minutes or until they are cooked through, flipping halfway through.
Remove the chicken wings from the air fryer, toss them with the garlic sauce, and serve.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Don’t overcrowd the pan. Overcrowding the pan with chicken wings will cause the temperature of the oven to drop. Not only that, doing it will also prevent the wings from getting crispy on all sides.
- Never add the sauce before baking the chicken wings. The garlic parmesan sauce is designed to stick to the wings. Adding it before the chicken is completely cooked with burn them.
- Use a wire rack to bake the chicken wings. For extra crispy chicken wings, put a wire rack over the baking tray and arrange the chicken wings on it. The airflow will make the chicken crispy on all sides.
To store: Transfer leftover wings into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
To freeze: Place leftovers in a shallow container and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Reheating: You can reheat chicken wings in the oven or the air fryer. Do not microwave them as they will lose their crispiness.
More chicken recipes to try
Frequently asked questions
While chicken wings work best for this recipe, you can also use drumsticks and drumettes.
Garlic Parmesan Wings (Crispy And Baked)
Garlic parmesan wing sauce
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Heat the oven to 200C/400F and arrange a rack in the middle of the oven.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Place the chicken wings in a baking dish and sprinkle with spices, coat them well. Pour the olive oil over the wings and bake for 45 minutes.
- While the wings are cooking, add the butter to a small pot and place over low heat. Add the garlic and parsley and stir until the garlic is fragrant. Remove from the heat.
- When the wings are cooked, remove them from the oven. Pour the garlic sauce mixture over the wings and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 5 minutes, until the wings becomes crispy and brown.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.