A giant soft and chewy monster cookie which is much healthier than the original version AND is specifically created for one! This single serve cookie takes less than 10 minutes to whip up and is suitable for those following a vegan, gluten free and dairy free lifestyle!
Please get Amazon prime.
Let’s not talk about how much I’ve been spending on Amazon prime over the last few months.
If grocery staples like milk, eggs, fruit and vegetables could be ordered via this epic service, I would actually never leave my apartment.
Thanks to the nature of my day to day work, ordering coconut flour, gluten free rolled oats, oat flour and cashew butter have been ordered weekly. Throw in my three standby protein powders- Casein protein powder, vegan protein powder and paleo protein powder; it’s a solid haul.
So what does Amazon prime have to do with today’s recipe?
Well, it’s the sole reason why this healthy no bake monster cookie is able to be vegan and gluten free!
When I was living in New York, I often visited the Union Square ‘farmer’s market’. I call it ‘farmer’s market’ because the prices are NOT anything like I’ve seen at other farmer’s market, and I’ve also never seen NYC memorabilia sold at others either.
On one of my visits, I ate the most delicious cookie from one of the stalls. The stall boasted gluten free and vegan baked goods, many which used ingredients not available at standard grocery stores. I choose the monster cookie, mainly because the day before I’d been at M & M World in Times Square and couldn’t get enough of the purple peanut butter M & M’s.
After enjoying most of my cookie, I lamented to the lady at the stall how I never knew M & M’s were vegan and gluten free! I polished off the rest of the cookie, only to see the lady glaring at me as if I’d just told her I liked camels for breakfast.
“Those are NOT M&M’s. We don’t use poor quality candy here, especially those not suitable for vegans or celiacs.”
“Oh sorry. I just thought…”
“You thought wrong!”
Maybe the poor chicken didn’t eat breakfast or something.
I forgot about the conversation with her, until a few weeks ago I wanted to recreate the infamous monster cookie I ate. Thinking this lady may have perhaps embellished her story about those NOT being M & M’s, I did some research using the ever trusted google. A quick search indicated that there WERE indeed vegan and gluten free friendly chocolate buttons- These vegan, gluten free AND dairy free ones which are the perfect sub for M & M’s!
So what does this have to do with Amazon prime? Well, after a quick read, 2 days later they were present in my kitchen. Granted, their color range wasn’t anywhere near what M & M’s have to offer but they were perfect for one thing- This healthy no bake giant monster cookie for ONE!
This healthy no bake giant monster cookie for one is soft, chewy and has the most amazing texture- Even baked cookie fans will be swayed! Unlike traditional monster cookies, this version contains no butter, oil, flour or sugar- It’s full of wholesome ingredients and even perfectly acceptable to enjoy for breakfast! It’s quick, easy and uses just one bowl so you won’t need to worry about any messes! As mentioned earlier, it’s also suitable for those following a vegan, gluten free and dairy free lifestyle!
HACK! I know many of you enjoy a higher protein option so you bet I’ve got you covered- I tested one version using a scoop of protein powder and while you’ll need to take note of the changes (in the instructions), it definitely works out well!
Make this healthy no bake giant monster cookie for one and let’s raise a glass (of dairy free milk) to Amazon prime.
…not so much the lady at the stall.
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats (I used certified gluten free quick cooking and rolled oats)
- 1- 2 T granulated sweetener of choice (optional)*
- pinch sea salt
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder of choice (optional)**
- 2 T cashew butter (can sub for any nut butter of choice)
- 1 T brown rice syrup (can sub for honey, agave or maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup dairy free milk of choice***
- Handful of chocolate buttons (can sub for m & m's if not vegan or gluten free)
- Line a plate with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, granulated sweetener, sea salt, cinnamon and protein powder of choice and mix well.
- Stir through the nut butter and sticky sweetener until a crumbly mixture is formed. Add some of your chocolate buttons.Using a tablespoon, add dairy free milk, one tablespoon at a time, until a VERY thick batter is formed. Using your hands, form into a cookie shape. Add extra chocolate buttons on top and enjoy immediately or for best results, refrigerate for an hour to firm up.
- * I used a monk fruit blend.
- ** I used a casein blend and a brown rice vegan blend. I do not recommend whey. You can omit the protein powder, but your cookie will be smaller
- *** Depending on the brand of protein powder, your results will vary- You may need less/more so add it in tablespoon at a time.
Are you an avid user of Amazon/another online delivery service?
Have you ever enjoyed a monster cookie before?