Quick, easy and delicious, these healthy flourless Funfetti muffins are the perfect healthy snack recipe to have on hand! Just one bowl and 25 minutes is needed from prep to plate- Naturally gluten free and vegan, they can be made sugar free too!
I am actually the laughing stock amongst my friends (both on and off the blog).
The first month or so since being in America, the majority of their communication with me was via Instagram or Facebook. While many of them are rude loyal blog readers, there wasn’t too much to ascertain from posts…Except for the fact that it seemed like I didn’t know how to turn on an oven or bake.
“Arman, you’re making Australians look like we live in the stone age!”
I didn’t know my kitchen skills (or lack thereof) was reflective on Australia.
Anyway, over the last month or so, I started using the oven more. Admittingly, the first couple of times, my recipes I trialled came out horrible. I blame this on the fact that changing from Celsius to Fahrenheit was a task in itself. I soon learnt basic maths skills and voila- The oven is now my bestie.
Something else I’ve been embracing?
As much of a pain as they are to photograph (the trail they leave behind…..), they are a fun addition to recipes and something you’d better get accustomed to. I hadn’t even heard of the term Funfetti until arriving here. In fact, when I first heard of it, I thought it would make an amazing name for my future daughter.
Okay, that was random.
We first saw them make an appearance in the healthy 1-minute vanilla cake before coming back again for some no-bake action in the form of cake batter bites. Oh and they also made way in this healthy cake batter dip for one. They resurface once again for today’s creation- Healthy Flourless Funfetti Muffins. Healthy Flourless Funfetti Muffins which use just ONE bowl.
These healthy flourless funfetti muffins need only one bowl to make and a tiny ingredient list! They are the perfect snack or healthy treat to have on hand or if your anything like me- Breakfast. My original plan was to adapt my flourless sticky cinnamon bun muffin recipe, but put my big boy pants on and branched away from both the protein powder and my actual child, the coconut flour. This made this recipe even simpler and with an even smaller ingredient list. I wanted to ensure the muffin was moist, fluffy and tender but without needing any oil- Be it coconut, olive or I don’t know, car oil. Not only are they extremely fluffy and delicious, they are low calorie, gluten-free, dairy free and completely vegan!
HACK! I used these vegan-friendly sprinkles but you can use any sprinkles if your dietary beliefs allow. However, those smaller (aka cheaper) ball-shaped sprinkles will stain the muffins throughout so I’d suggest either simply topping your muffins at the end or be prepared for random splotches of blue.
Make these healthy one bowl flourless funfetti muffins and don’t you DARE name your future daughter Funfetti.
Healthy Flourless Funfetti Muffins
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour gluten free oats ground into a flour
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar use stevia or a sugar free baking blend to keep sugar free
- 1 T baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup dairy free milk
- 1 flax egg can sub for 1 large egg if not vegan
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 T nut butter of choice melted (I used smooth cashew butter)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 10-12 muffin tins with patty pans and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk the milk, vanilla extract and egg/flax egg. Pour into the dry mixture. Add the melted nut butter and mix very well until a batter is formed. Stir through the sprinkles.
- Using a 1/4 cup, pour batter into the patty pans/muffin liners/muffin tin until almost full. Top with extra sprinkles and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick or skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes, before removing and allowing to cool on a dry surface.
Are you a fan of sprinkles?
What is your favorite kind of muffin?