Learn how to make keto and sugar free homemade Easter eggs the EASY way- No baking, no fancy gadgets and made with less than 5 ingredients!
Healthy Paleo Vegan Eggs (Keto, Sugar Free)- An easy recipe for chocolate coconut bars shaped like eggs, for a fun snack or dessert needing just 4 ingredients! A 5-minute low carb and sugar free recipe! Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free.
Low Carb and Keto Easter Eggs
When it comes to Ketosis friendly chocolate or Ketosis friendly Easter chocolate, I think it would be hard to come by. The same can go for my paleo friends- How often do you see paleo chocolate bars or paleo Easter chocolate or even keto paleo Easter eggs?
To give my ketogenic friends something to consume this holiday season (or anytime, really!) I combined a few of my favorite recipes in one- My keto and low carb chocolate coconut crack bars, the chocolate coconut fat bombs (aka keto cups!) and of course, my low carb coconut balls.
This chocolate coconut eggs recipe isn’t just ketogenic diet friendly (which makes it naturally low carb and sugar free)- It is also 100% paleo, vegan, gluten-free and dairy free!
How to make low carb and keto Easter eggs from scratch
- Blanched Almond Flour– A light and grain-free flour. It doesn’t taste like almonds at all and holds the Easter eggs together.
- Unsweetened shredded coconut– Gives a delicious coconut flavor, and makes these eggs taste like an Almond Joy or Bounty bar.
- Sugar Free Syrup– Adds sweetness to the eggs, and also holds them together.
- Coconut milk– helps hold the eggs together. Any unsweetened milk of choice will work.
- Sugar Free Chocolate– To coat the keto Easter eggs!
Making these homemade keto Easter eggs is so simple following 3 step process, and literally takes 5 minutes.
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl, add your almond flour and shredded coconut and mix well. Add your syrup and coconut milk and mix until a dough remains. If the batter is too thick, add a little extra milk or syrup.
Step 2: Lightly wet your hands, and form small egg shapes with the almond/coconut mixture. Place them on a lined plate and place in the freezer, to firm up.
Step 3: Melt your chocolate chips, or make your own chocolate (see below!). Remove the coconut eggs from the freezer. Using two forks, dip the eggs individually in the chocolate until coated. Place back on the plate and refrigerate until firm!
More about the ingredients and making your own keto chocolate
How to make homemade keto chocolate (that holds shape!)
A ketogenic chocolate recipe should be a staple in all keto diets. Anytime you want a sweet treat, this low carb, sugar-free chocolate is your go to!
It’s a simple 3-step process–
- Combine equal parts cocoa powder and coconut oil (NOT melted) in a small bowl
- Add some granulated sweetener of choice- Erythritol, monk fruit sweetener or similar.
- Melt together until combined
Keto chocolate brands
If you don’t make your own low carb keto chocolate, you can use the following store-bought alternatives-
- Stevia Sweetened Chocolate Chips– These low carb sugar free chocolate chips melt beautifully and don’t have a bitter aftertaste.
- 100% Cocoa Dark Chocolate– Made purely of cacao, this chocolate bar is 100% unsweetened, so make sure your coconut filling is sweet enough!
- 99% Dark Chocolate Bar- Even though this is marketed as a chocolate bar, it actually melts beautifully with a teaspoon or two of coconut oil. Like the above bar, it is NOT sweet at all!
Paleo Vegan Chocolate Options
Homemade Paleo Vegan Chocolate Recipe- To make a homemade paleo vegan chocolate bar, simply combine 1 cup coconut oil, 1 cup cocoa powder and 1/3 cup pure maple syrup.
Homemade Sugar Free Paleo Vegan Chocolate Recipe- Similar to above, combine 1 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 cup melted coconut oil. Then, add some liquid stevia or monk fruit according to taste.
Types of unsweetened coconut
The coconut filling can be quite variable, depending on which kind of unsweetened coconut you use-
- Desiccated Coconut (Fine Macaron Shredded Coconut)
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
Why make these Keto Chocolate Coconut Easter Eggs
Need a little more convincing to make these homemade Keto Low Carb Easter Eggs aka healthy Keto Chocolate Coconut Fat Bombs? Okay, if you say so!
- Chocolate AND coconut in one
- Needs just 4 Ingredients
- 100% sugar free and a refined sugar-free option
- Ketogenic diet friendly AND dairy-free
- Naturally Low Carb and Gluten Free
- Paleo AND vegan-friendly
- Ready in under 5 minutes
- Uses homemade healthy chocolate
- Perfect for dessert or a healthy snack
- The ultimate healthy Paleo Vegan and Keto Easter Chocolate
More delicious Easter Recipes
Keto Sugar Free Easter Eggs (Paleo, Vegan, Dairy Free)
- Line a large baking tray or pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor (or a large mixing bowl), combine all ingredients and mix well until a dough is formed. If the batter is too crumbly/thin, add extra milk and/or sticky sweetener of choice.
- Lightly wet your hands and form small egg shapes with the dough. Once all the dough has been shaped, place in the freezer to firm up.
- Melt your chocolate chips of choice or make homemade chocolate. Moving quickly, use a large spoon and fork to dip each coconut egg into the chocolate mixture. Repeat until each 'egg' is covered completely in chocolate.
- Freeze or refrigerate until firm.