This keto bundt cake is a low carb and sugar free take on the classic chocolate bundt cake! Made with simple ingredients and minimal prep, it’s a fabulous dessert sure to impress! 2 grams net carbs per slice.
Keto Bundt Cake
It’s no secret that when it comes to desserts, cakes are my favorite. I try and find any excuse to bake a cake. All my friends and family are accustomed to receiving a cake on their special day, and every festive or holiday event, they know I’ll be bringing dessert. Recently, one of my friends gifted me a bundt pan which meant one thing- Time to try making bundt cakes!
I’ve been meaning to share a keto bundt cake recipe for quite some time. It’s a fancier way to present your typical single or double layer cake, and it’s certainly a show stopper, especially once you drizzle it in a glaze!
No sugar and no grains are needed, but you’d never tell. The cake texture is moist and fluffy, and the glaze is thick and sticky. It’s sweet, rich, and full of chocolate flavor!
I had some friends over for dinner the other night and served this cake and NO ONE believed that it was low carb and sugar free- They thought I bought it from a fancy cake shop!
Ingredients to make a keto bundt cake
For the cake
- Almond flour– Blanched almond flour, not almond meal. The latter tends to give the cake a heavier and slightly gritty texture.
- Cocoa powder– 100% unsweetened cocoa powder. Be sure to sift it first, to ensure no clumps remain.
- Granulated sweetener of choice– You’ve got a few options with this. Both monk fruit sweetener and erythritol can be used.
- Baking powder– Gives the cake some stability and rise.
- Salt– Brings out the sweetness of all the other ingredients.
- Eggs– Room temperature eggs, not refrigerated ones.
- Butter– Softened, but not melted. You can also use coconut oil.
- Milk of choice– Any milk can be used. I used unsweetened almond milk.
- Vanilla extract– A must for any good cake recipe!
For the chocolate glaze
- Butter– Use salted butter to bring out the sweetness of the chocolate and sugar.
- Sugar free chocolate– Either a chopped up chocolate bar or you can use sugar free chocolate chips.
- Sugar free powdered sugar– Easily make your own keto powdered sugar.
- Boiling water– To give it a smooth and loose texture.
How do you make a low carb bundt cake?
In a mixing bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients and set aside. Next, in a separate bowl and using a hand mixer, beat together your eggs, butter, milk, and vanilla extract, until smooth and fluffy. Gently fold through your dry ingredients until combined.
Now, transfer your cake batter into a greased bundt cake pan. Bake for around 45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean from the center. Let the cake cool completely. Once it is cooled, prepare the glaze.
To make the glaze, heat the butter and sugar free chocolate together in a small saucepan. When warm, remove from the heat and whisk together. Slowly add in the powdered sweetener, before thinning it out with the boiling hot water. Finally, pour the glaze over the top of the bundt cake and let it drizzle down and set.
Tips to make the best almond flour bundt cake
- Do not overbake the cake, as it continues to cook as it is cooling down.
- Be sure to grease your pan very well, for easy removal. Alternatively, you can use a silicone bundt pan.
- If you don’t have a bundt pan, you can bake this cake in a 9-inch cake pan instead.
Storing and freezing a bundt cake
- To store: If you intend to eat the cake within 2 days, you can keep the cake at room temperature, in a sealed container. If you’d like to keep it longer, store it in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: Place slices of the cake in a shallow container and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More keto cake recipes to try
Keto Bundt Cake
For the bundt cake
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease a 9-inch fluted Bundt pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients and set aside. In a separate bowl, beat together your eggs, butter, milk, and vanilla extract, until smooth and combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well. Transfer the cake batter into the bundt pan.
- Bake the cake for 50-60 minutes, or until a skewer comes out mostly clean. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 30 minutes, before inverting onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, drizzle with the glaze and let it set, before enjoying.
For the glaze
- In a small saucepan, heat up the butter and chocolate until mostly melted. Remove from the heat and whisk together, until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sweetener. Slowly add in the boiling hot water until the glaze is thin and smooth. Drizzle over the cooled cake and let it sit at room temperature until it hardens.