These keto cheesecake bites are a low carb and sugar free take on classic mini cheesecakes! Made with simple ingredients, they are a delicious no bake dessert that is sure to impress! 2 grams net carbs per serving.
Keto Cheesecake Bites
When the warmer months hit, I try to avoid my oven at all costs. There’s something a little bit wrong with my oven that when I use it, it radiates heat for several hours after using it. This is great when it’s winter, as I can save on my electricity bill, but come summer, I want NOTHING to do with it. Luckily, it’s the perfect excuse to make no bake desserts. While I typically stick to no bake cheesecakes and chocolate mousse, I’ve recently loved making cheesecake bites!
I’ve been meaning to share a recipe for keto cheesecake bites for quite some time. They are perfectly portioned mini cheesecakes that are great for entertaining or enjoying for dessert. The best part? No oven is needed!
Now, no sugar and no eggs are needed, but you’d never tell. The texture of the base is thick and crumbly and the filling is smooth and creamy. Overall, they are sweet and with a hint of tartness, without being overpowering. They are a blank canvas for adding toppings or keeping them plain!
I went to a bbq the other week and brought a bunch of these as a dessert and NO ONE believed me when I said they were low carb- They thought they were real deal mini cheesecakes from a bakery!
Ingredients to make keto cheesecake bites
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe. Try not to change or substitute anything unless otherwise stated.
For the crust
- Keto cookie crumbs– A low carb alternative to graham cracker crumbs. Use any plain flavored cookie, like shortbread or peanut butter cookies.
- Granulated sweetener of choice– I used keto brown sugar, but you can also use monk fruit sweetener or erythritol.
- Butter– Unsalted and melted butter. Dairy free butter can also be used.
For the cheesecake filling
- Heavy cream– Also known as double cream or thickened cream. You can also use heavy whipping cream.
- Cream cheese– Softened cream cheese.
- Granulated sweetener– Any white granulated sweetener can be used (like erythritol). We want the filling to be light in color!
- Sour cream– To thicken the filling. You can also use Greek yogurt.
- Lemon juice– Gives a slight tang without any actual lemon flavor.
- Vanilla extract– A must for any good cheesecake!
How do you make low carb cheesecake bites?
Start by preparing the crust base. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cookie crumbs, sweetener, and melted butter, until combined and a sandy texture. Next, line a 12-count muffin tin with muffin liners and distribute the mixture amongst the muffin tins. Place the muffin tin in the refrigerator to firm up.
Now, while the cookie base is firming up, prepare the cheesecake filling. In a large mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese and sweetener until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat until no lumps remain. Slowly fold through the whipped cream until combined.
Finally, transfer the cheesecake filling into a piping bag. Remove the cheesecake base from the refrigerator and pipe the filling onto the tops of each one. Cover the tin and refrigerate overnight for the cheesecake bites to set.
Tips to make the best keto mini cheesecakes
- If you haven’t got any homemade keto cookies on hand, you can use any store bought brand.
- This makes just 12 mini cheesecakes. Feel free to double or triple the recipe.
- You must cover the cheesecakes before letting them set. This ensures the cookie crust doesn’t dry up and no liquid or condensation touches the tops of them.
- Add your favorite low carb fruit on top of the set cheesecake bites, or even some whipped cream.
Storing and freezing cheesecake bites
- To store: Cheesecake bites should always be stored in the refrigerator, covered. They will keep fresh for up to 2 weeks.
- To freeze: Place leftovers in a ziplock bag or sealable container, and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More keto dessert recipes you’ll enjoy
Keto Cheesecake Bites
For the base
- 1 cup keto cookie crumbs any crushed keto cookies of choice * See notes
- 3 tablespoon granulated sweetener of choice I used keto brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- Line a 12-count muffin tin with muffin liners and set aside.
- Combine all your crust ingredients together and mix until combined. Evenly distribute the crust amongst the 12 muffin tins. Refrigerate while the filling is made.
- Beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat until smooth and no lumps remain. Slowly beat in the cream until combined and smooth.
- Transfer the filling into a piping bag with a large star or round tip. Pipe out around 2 tablespoons worth of filling over the top of each crust, and smooth it out until flat.
- Cover the pan and refrigerate overnight. Top with whipped cream or low carb berries.