These cheesecake bites make the perfect single serving dessert that takes minutes to prep! No baking required, they easily can be made low carb!
If you’ve ever been intimidated in making a full sized cheesecake, I have the answer for you- make mini cheesecake bites!
They are so much easier, faster, and personally, more delicious than their full-sized counterparts, and something the kids can be involved in!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- No baking required. Unlike other cheesecake recipes, this one skips the baking process completely- no cracked cheesecakes here.
- Ready in 15 minutes. The hard part is waiting for them all to set, but honestly, it is worth it!
- Easily low carb. With just a few simple swaps, these are suitable for a keto diet.
- 6 Ingredients. Count them yourself- this recipe is so darn easy!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe. Try not to change or substitute anything unless otherwise stated.
For the crust
- Cookie crumbs. I like using homemade crushed up peanut butter cookies or shortbread cookies, but any work.
- Butter. Unsalted and melted.
For the cheesecake filling
- Heavy cream. Also known as double cream or thickened cream. You can also use heavy whipping cream.
- Cream cheese. Softened cream cheese.
- Sour cream. To thicken the filling. You can also use Greek yogurt.
- Lemon juice. Gives a slight tang with no actual lemon flavor.
- Vanilla extract. A must for any good cheesecake!
How to make cheesecake bites
As there is no baking required, this recipe is very simple and has less than two minutes prep work.
Step 1- Make the cheesecake crust
Start by preparing the crust base. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cookie crumbs, sweetener, and melted butter, until combined and a sandy texture. Next, line a 12-count muffin tin with muffin liners and distribute the mixture amongst the muffin tins. Place the muffin tin in the refrigerator to firm up.
Step 2- Make the cheesecake filling
Now, while the cookie base is firming up, prepare the cheesecake filling. In a large mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese and sweetener until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat until no lumps remain. Slowly fold through the whipped cream until combined.
Step 3- Assemble the mini cheesecakes
Finally, transfer the cheesecake filling into a piping bag. Remove the cheesecake base from the refrigerator and pipe the filling onto the tops of each one. Cover the tin and refrigerate overnight for the cheesecake bites to set.
Tips to make the best recipe
- If you don’t want to use homemade cookies for the crust, store bought graham crackers or coffee cookies work.
- This makes just 12 mini cheesecakes. Double or triple the recipe if you’d like a bigger batch.
- You must cover the cheesecakes before letting them set. This ensures the cookie crust doesn’t dry up and no liquid or condensation touches the tops of them.
- Add your favorite low carb fruit on top of the set cheesecake bites, or even some whipped cream.
Dietary swaps and substitutions
The beauty of these cheesecake bites is that they are so easy to customize to a plethora of diets or flavors. Here is what we’ve tried:
- Make them keto friendly. Swap out the sugar for a sugar substitute and use keto cookies in the crust.
- Cut the dairy. If you follow a vegan diet, swap out the cream cheese and heavy cream for dairy free counterparts. These can be found at any mainstream grocery store.
- Make them healthier. Replace half the cream cheese with Greek yogurt and reduce the sugar by 1/4 cup.
- Add flavors. Fold through fresh berries, melted chocolate, or even finely chopped nuts.
- To store: Cheesecake bites should always be stored in the refrigerator, covered. They will keep fresh for up to 2 weeks.
- To freeze: Place leftovers in a ziplock bag or sealable container, and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More cheesecake recipes to try
Frequently Asked Questions
You can let the mini cheesecakes sit out for up to 30 minutes before they begin to soften.
There is no need to cut cheesecake bites as someone perfectly portioned them to enjoy as one.
When made with keto subs, each mini cheesecake has just 2 grams of carbs.
Cheesecake Bites In 15 Minutes | No Baking Required
For the base
- 1 cup cookies crushed
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup butter softened
For the cheesecake filling
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoon sugar any work
- 1 tablespoon sour cream can use Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 12-count muffin tin with muffin liners and set aside.
- Combine all your crust ingredients together and mix until combined. Evenly distribute the crust amongst the 12 muffin tins. Refrigerate while the filling is made.
- Beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat until smooth and no lumps remain. Slowly beat in the cream until combined and smooth.
- Transfer the filling into a piping bag with a large star or round tip. Pipe out around 2 tablespoons worth of filling over the top of each crust, and smooth it out until flat.
- Cover the pan and refrigerate overnight. Top with whipped cream or low carb berries.