No Bake cookie dough bars (unbaked cookie dough bars) is like eating edible eggless cookie dough, and it takes 10 minutes! You only need 5 ingredients to make this delicious no bake dessert recipe!
If there is a dessert you need to make right this minute, it’s these secretly healthy no bake chocolate chip cookie dough bars! Seriously, they are THAT good.
Made with just 5 ingredients. you have no excuses! They sort of remind me of my keto cookie dough fat bombs, which are a favorite here.
Let’s talk about more about these unbaked cookie dough bars. These healthy cookie dough bars take less than 10 minutes to make, and the hard part is waiting for it to firm up! Luckily, the cookie dough part is completely eggless, so you can sneak a few spoonfuls while you wait. What remains are thick, soft and chewy bars that taste like real chocolate chip cookie dough, all topped with a layer of smooth chocolate.
For such a decadent tasting dessert, you’ll be pleasantly surprised to know it is actually healthy!
Made with almond flour and monk fruit sweetener, you won’t find a trace of sugar in the recipe. It’s keto, sugar free and low carb, but also paleo, vegan and gluten-free.
This is the ultimate keto and vegan no bake dessert- Tastes sinful but actually healthy!
No Bake Cookie Dough Bars Ingredients
You only need 5 ingredients to make this healthy no bake cookie dough bars recipe
- Almond flour- Blanched almond flour provides a less nutty flavor, but delicious cookie-like texture.
- Coconut Oil- Helps hold the cookie dough bars together, replacing butter and other granulated sugar.
- Keto Maple Syrup- A keto-friendly sticky sweetener helping hold together the cookie dough bars, and providing sweetness.
- Salt- Giving the bars a traditional cookie dough taste.
- Chocolate Chips of choice- Keto chocolate chips to fold into the bars and also to melt over the top of them.
How to make no bake cookie dough bars
The process to make these no bake cookie dough bars follows 4 easy steps
- Melt the wet ingredients- Heat the coconut oil with keto maple syrup together, and whisk well until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients- Add your almond flour and salt and mix very well, until a thick dough remains. Fold through your chocolate chips.
- Chill the bars- Transfer the bars into a lined pan and press firmly into place. Refrigerate for around an hour, to firm up
- Top with chocolate- Once firm, melt the remaining chocolate chips and pour over the top of the bars in an even layer. Refrigerate again until the chocolate has firmed up.
Storing No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
Healthy cookie dough bars can be stored at room temperature, in a sealed container, for up to 1 week.
With that said, it’s best to keep these no bake cookie dough bars in the refrigerator, to ensure they are thick and chewy. Refrigerated to bake cookie dough bars will keep for up to 2 weeks.
Can you freeze cookie dough no bake bars?
Keto cookie dough bars are freezer friendly and can be stored in the freezer to keep for longer. Wrap each cookie dough bar in parchment paper, and place in a ziplock bag or shallow container.
Frozen cookie dough bars will keep for up to 6 months.
To enjoy cookie dough bars from the freezer, allow thawing at room temperature completely.
Is it safe to eat raw cookie dough bars?
Contrary to popular belief, raw cookie dough bars are safe to eat.
These are made without eggs and without grain-based flour, so no fears of salmonella or similar!
More healthy no bake dessert recipes
If you enjoy these low carb cookie dough no bake bars recipe, you’ll love these too!
- Keto Chocolate Fudge- Smooth, creamy and made using just 2 ingredients!
- No Bake Brownies- Like raw brownie batter, minus the sugar and carbs but all the deliciousness!
- Brownie Batter Truffles- A decadent tasting chocolate dessert made keto and vegan!
- No Bake Brownie Cookies- Raw un-baked cookies that are loaded with sugar free chocolate.
- White Chocolate Raspberry No Bake Cookies- Dairy free and keto white chocolate chunks folded into no bake cookies with a touch of raspberries!
No Bake Cookie Dough Bars
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, add your coconut oil with maple syrup and heat until melted. Whisk together until combined.
- Add your almond flour and salt and mix very well, until a thick, crumbly texture remains. If the batter is too thin, add a little extra almond flour. Fold through 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Transfer the cookie dough bar batter into the lined pan and press out into an even layer. Refrigerate.
- Melt your remaining chocolate chips and pour over the tops of the cookie dough bars and refrigerate until it firms up. Top with extra salt and slice into bars.