These healthy no bake triple chocolate protein cookies are the perfect snack to keep you satisfied or fuel you up for your day- High in protein, gluten free, sugar free and completely vegan- These no bake snacks take less than 10 minutes to whip up!
It’s no secret that my sister is one of my biggest taste testers for some of my blog recipes. I say some because more often than not, she would turn her nose at something based purely on it’s ingredient list- Not the finished product.
Mention to her there’s hidden cauliflower in these pancakes? She won’t eat it.
Tell her this flatbread has no yeast or wheat flour in it? She won’t eat it.
If there’s one ingredient or recipe I know she will always be game to try, it is something which contains chocolate in it.
Long time readers may remember when I shared the recipe for Copycat Bounty Bars. These are her favourite chocolate bar and I recreated them for her birthday. While she was (somewhat) appreciative, she still HAD to critique me.
“These aren’t shaped like bounty bars”.
When I made these Copycat Subway White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies, she ate half the batch within the first three days, forgot about them, then polished the rest off a week later. Her critique?
“The second time I ate them they weren’t as chewy.”
More recently, I made her the single serve ‘Nutella’ breakfast cookie dough because she would skip breakfast and needed something quick, fast and delicious to bring with her to university. While she really did enjoy these, she had to critique me yet again.
“I put them in my handbag and my purse squashed one. It looked squished.”
In case you couldn’t tell, I was being sarcastic. Her ‘critiques’ had nothing to do with the recipe itself. I think it comes down to the unspoken sibling rivalry, in which she ensures that I never receive a wholehearted compliment…or that she doesn’t want my head elevated.
Niki was the first person I shared these Healthy No Bake Triple chocolate cookies with because I needed yo pick something up from home and also it had chocolate in it…Three times the chocolate.
These healthy no bake triple chocolate protein cookies are based off my white chocolate and raspberry version posted several weeks back. Several readers on Facebook told me they’d love to see a chocolate version because they found white chocolate too sweet. This recipe is simple to whip up and the most time spent is attempting to wait for them to firm up slightly- 20 minutes. They are vegan, gluten free and can be made completely sugar free too! The protein powder is optional but I find using it really helps keep them together and enhance the chocolate taste- If you use a chocolate flavoured one!
One bowl. 20 minutes. A (minor) arm workout = Healthy No Bake Triple Chocolate Protein Cookies. Three times the chocolate, three times the deliciousness and three times less complaining.
Or so I thought.
“One of the chocolate chips must have been bad in the second one I ate”
….Who wants to be my new taste tester?
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour (GF oats ground to a flour)
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat bran (can sub for extra 1/2 cup oat flour)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 standard scoop of chocolate protein powder (can sub for an extra 1/2 cup oat flour)
- 2 T granulated sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 T nut butter of choice (I used homemade hazelnut butter)
- 3/4 cup brown rice syrup (can sub for honey if not strictly vegan)
- 1/4-1/2 cup unsweetened dairy free milk*
- Unsweetened chocolate chips/chunks (I used sugar free chips)
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oat flour, oat bran, cocoa powder, chocolate protein powder, sweetener of choice and sea salt and mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the nut butter of choice and brown rice syrup and heat until melted and mix to incorporate.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and stir until fully combined- Mixture should be crumbly. Slowly add dairy free milk, one tablespoon at a time, until a very thick dough is formed. Let sit for 4-5 minutes to ensure mixture has cooled. Stir through the chocolate chips until fully incorporated.
- Using your hands, form small balls and press down to a cookie shape on the baking tray. Using a fork, press down on it twice and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before consuming.
- Depending on the protein powder and/or if you use all oat flour, you need to adjust your liquid mixture.
- These can be stored at room temperature. If refrigerated, thaw very slightly.
- The granulated sweetener of choice is optional- For a sweetener cookie, add 1-2 tablespoons. I prefer a more 'bland' cookie dough to bring out the flavours cocoa and chocolate chips.
Want more healthy No Bake Recipes? Try some of these out!
Healthy No Bake White Chocolate and Raspberry Protein Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Healthy No Bake Salted Caramel Slice (Vegan, Gluten Free)
3 Ingredient No Bake Protein Bars (Vegan, Gluten Free, Sugar Free)
No Bake Cashew and Coconut Protein Bars (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Hope you all have an amazing weekend and eat something delicious. (That should be standard practice).
Are you one to compliment or critique your family members?
Is there such thing as chocolate chips going bad? No. Anyone who has chocolate remaining is doing something wrong.
What is the most ridiculous critique you’ve ever received? The bowl had a slight tint in it.
Facebook - /thebigmansworld
Pinterest - /thebigmansworld
Instagram - @thebigmansworld
Twitter - @thebigmansworld
Bloglovin - thebigmansworld
Email - email@example.com
Snapchat - thebigmansworld